Anyone get banded that had Federal BC/BS as insurance?

Beverly D.
on 8/1/11 12:56 pm - Lawrenceville, GA
 I went to my surgeon today.  My good news was I have lost 22 pounds in my pre-surgical diet.  My bad news is I have to wait 6 more weeks to complete the pre-surgical diet before my insurance will approve my surgery.  So, now I am looking at surgery around the end of October or sometime in November.  I am sort of depressed by this.  It seems like it is taking forever.
angishoell
on 8/1/11 2:56 pm - UT
Hang in there Beverly.  I felt like it was taking forever too.  I also had BC/BS federal and I got approved right away.  I love my band and so will you.  Just remember it will all be worth it in the end.  Congrats on losing 22 lbs!  Let me know if you need to vent.  The insurance process can be very stressful.

Angi 

Lifebeauty
on 8/1/11 11:16 pm
Beverly I had federal BC/BS and was approved right away.  I had documented proof from my pcp that I had tried numerous diets without permanent weight loss.  It showed that I would stick to a diet program.  I also had proof of previously attending weigh****chers.  This helped me to get approved.  Wishing you the best.  Don't be depressed. It will happen for you.  Practice patience you will need it with the moodiness the lapband can have.  I love my band.
Z

With  I will succeed.
HW: 280 - LW: 190 - GW - 180  
Unfilled 8/15/11 - WT:  209
1st Fill 11/29/11 - WT: 215.5 - 3cc
2/20/12 - New Goal - Get n Onederland
2nd Fill 4/26/12 - WT: 224.0 - 3cc
Z

Beverly D.
on 8/1/11 11:37 pm - Lawrenceville, GA
Thanks to the both of you.  I feel better now that I have slept on it.  I will just keep working.  I think that my PCP has pretty good documentation of my yoyo in weight.  I lose weight pretty well, but I can never keep it off.  I want the band more for weight maintenance than weight loss.  I have a business trip next week, so we will see how well I can diet on the road :)
healthyonmyway
on 8/3/11 12:02 am - FL

I have BC/BS Federal and my experience with getting approved was painless. Make sure your surgeon and primary work out what you need for insurance. Once I completed my 6 months doctor supervised diet I was approved right away. My best to you!!!!

4/10/11 Start weight 250; 5/25/11 Surgery weight 237.50        
Most Active