Lap Band is GONE!

grannymedic1
on 8/6/11 3:59 am - Lake Odessa, MI
Revision on 08/21/12
This is great news, you feel better and are on the mend. Thanks for letting us know. I wish you had not had all these problems, but I sure am glad you were able to get this done. Good luck, Sue

Highest weight: 212.8 Current weight 135 Lost 77.8 pounds

kdolphin
on 8/6/11 7:24 am - FL
 Congratulations!  

Hope you feel better soon.  I was revised from band to sleeve 5.5 months ago and it has been so nice getting rid of the band.  Would have removed it even if I hadn't been revised.  Was self pay for both the original band and the sleeve.  

Don't know why my revision was much easier pain wise than the band when it was installed.  My band was done in Florida but the removal and revision to sleeve in one surgery was done by Dr Aceves who has done lots of revisions so maybe it's the surgeon, couldn't be me as I am a baby when it comes to any kind of pain.

Again, hope you feel better soon.
Hislady
on 8/6/11 8:45 am - Vancouver, WA
ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST!!!!! Congrats on your removal! Your life should be so much better now. I had mine emptied hoping to avoid these problems and the secret I learned is to give myself a 5 or 10 lb. limit to not go over. So far it is working, I haven't lost anything but I also haven't gained. I do still have some restriction from the band still being in there but not alot. Try to continue with bandster eating and use things like lettuce as a filler when hungry. I wish you the best and there is a non surgery weight loss forum here so maybe they can also help you stay accountable and give you support, of course you are still always welcome here if we can help at all.
Most Active