emotional eating

coachgrrl
on 8/24/11 6:38 am
 uh...yeah, I'm so guilty

My oldest dd leaves for college on friday.  I never thought I would be so emotional about this.  I know she's ready and will do great...I'm even happy she's going...so why am I so emotional?!

Added to that my dh is having a biopsy next week that looks to be scary.  AND I got called for federal jury duty the week after that...3 days after my 48th birthday.

I've been maintaining because I can't eat too much, but my sugar intake is not good.

ugh..........

Hislady
on 8/24/11 7:51 am - Vancouver, WA
Hang in there, sometimes life just smacks us sideways. Chin up and I'm sure it'll get better soon!
grannymedic1
on 8/24/11 10:01 am - Lake Odessa, MI
Revision on 08/21/12
Cut yourself some slack. You don't have to be perfect. Just do the best you can for now, don't use your situation as an excuse but don't beat yourself up, either.

You have enough going on to make most of us want to be comforted with something creamy. Just sending your daughter off to college is a BIG deal. They don't warn us ahead of time that cutting the apron strings hurts and causes bleeding on your end, but nothing on theirs. It hurts like crazy and you just have to ride it out. Probably if you were to go in to her room on Sat. you would find that if she wasn't gone you would have had to kill her. I never had any super neat kids and it showed when they left. Getting mad helped me from falling apart. Strange ways we deal with things.

Hang in there, get the bandages ready, and look for flimsy excuses to be happy.

I'll keep you in my prayers, Sue

Highest weight: 212.8 Current weight 135 Lost 77.8 pounds

coachgrrl
on 8/24/11 1:01 pm
 ROFL...you are so right about her room.  I'm twitching already.  Thanks that will be helpful come friday night when we get home!

(deactivated member)
on 8/25/11 3:12 am - Des Moines, IA
I'm right there with you!  Kyle went off to college last Wed and it took everything I had not to text etc and this  Tues in a text ( after I texted him about ordering pics that were being taken at his Frat house ) I got this message, " everything is going well"  so I was thrilled to know he was alive and that everything was going "well". hahahaha  It has been the hardest thing I have gone through in a long time. I thought I would do better, but it's tough.  I've heard that girls are better at keeping in touch, so that might help?

Sorry to hear about DH's biopsy.  Keep us updated on how you are doing.

I'm about to go out and mow for 4 hours, since a certain young man is off at college.

Hugs,
Kristi
Most Active