3 1/2 years out and doing great!! (pics in post)

Tantrica
on 10/19/11 11:41 am - An Army Base, XX
 Hey all, I know i don't stop by often any more, but thought I'd drop in and update!  All is well here in Alaska, other than the fact that winter is upon us, and there is snow on the ground that is likely here to stay.  I've had no problems at all with my band after a port replacement a little over a year ago.  At this point I can eat just about anything I want in small doses and maintain my weight loss without struggle.  I'm still fighting insurance for a tummy tuck but have about given up at this point and will just pay for it myself some day when the economy recovers and I can afford it, hahahahaha!! :P  For those of you that don't remember me, or are new to OH since I've been around, here's my stats:  
I started this journey at 250 lbs and a size 22, I'm 5'6.  I reached my surgeons goal of 170 pounds about 5-6 months post-op and decided to keep on going!  At around 18 months post-op I hit my own goal of 145 pounds and guess what?!?!  Yup, kept right on going!!  These days I sit comfortably in the 115-120 pound range and couldn't be happier!  I'm about a size 0/2 depending on the brand.  I went from a 51 inch waist to a 25 inch waist!!  Heck, I share clothes with my 11 year old!!  And to think, I always told people I was big boned , guess I was mistaken!  I wish everyone much success with their own journies!!

Kari

and befores:

debbie H.
on 10/19/11 12:47 pm - AR
About all I can say is WOW!  My personal goal is about 15 lbs less than mu docs goal, but I am a lot older than you.  You look fantastic!

Tantrica
on 10/19/11 2:07 pm - An Army Base, XX
 Thanks so much Deb!  I'm a bit older than I look, or so I've been told, BUT don't doubt the band will take you far past your doctors goal if you work it, it sure will!!  You'll have to keep me in the loop about your progress!!

Kari

Bette B.
on 10/19/11 1:31 pm
 It has been a while since you've checked in, you skinny *****! LOOK AT YOU!!!!! 

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

Tantrica
on 10/19/11 2:04 pm - An Army Base, XX
 Thanks Bette, I'm feeling great these days!  Finally beat the nasty transfer addiction as well, I'm about a week shy of 1 year sober!!  You look amazing as well, looks like that ol' band is still working her magic!!

Kari

Bette B.
on 10/19/11 11:53 pm
 Well, even BIGGER congrats on your sobriety!!!

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

Evelyn M.
on 10/19/11 4:55 pm - United Kingdom
 unbelievable! you look amazing! What exercise do you do?
Roll on weight loss!

debbiejean58
on 10/19/11 8:16 pm - Antioch, TN
Kari, you look fantastic. I remember when you first came to OH. You have done an amazing job, keep up the good work girlfriend!!!
Lifebeauty
on 10/19/11 10:24 pm
Wow.  U really look good.  The name seemed familar but until scrolling down did not.  What a difference hard work, dedication and a few pounds make.  Congrats on your continued success.
Z

With  I will succeed.
HW: 280 - LW: 190 - GW - 180  
Unfilled 8/15/11 - WT:  209
1st Fill 11/29/11 - WT: 215.5 - 3cc
2/20/12 - New Goal - Get n Onederland
2nd Fill 4/26/12 - WT: 224.0 - 3cc
Z

barbara314
on 10/19/11 10:39 pm
 Congratulations, Kari!  You look AMAZING!!!  What an inspiration you are...

Most Active