2 years out

craazy4luv
on 12/31/11 4:57 am - Reno, NV
I don't get on here as much as I used to, but I wanted to drop in and say hello because yesterday I hit my 2 year anniversary.  I just want anyone *****ads this to know that my band is my best friend.  I absolutely love it, I talk to it like I do my plants, which some people think is odd.  I have lost 160 pounds in the last 2 years, with only one stuck episode, which I will desperately try not to do ever again.  I love what I can do now, that I couldn't do at 332 pounds.  I have surgery scheduled in Feb to have the skin removed on my arms and my stomach.  At the end of the year I can afford the thighs and new boobs, yeah me!  I am scared and super excited all at the same time.  My son is always telling me that I am skinny, not words I ever associated with myself.  So for all out there who are just starting your journey, good luck, stick with the rules, and I hope you have as much success with your bands as I have had with mine.  Oh and Happy New Year to all!  Casey

BuckeyeGirl
on 12/31/11 5:14 am - TN
Congrats on your 2nd surgiversary!

160 lbs...wow, that is fantastic!

Lindsey

Thundergrrrl
on 12/31/11 5:20 am
That is amazing! Thanks for coming back to say hi. We need some more long term successful people to remind everyone they do exist once in a while.

Highest Wt: 274 / LAP-Band Low: 180 / Sleeved at 233 / Goal: 160!

jdgaston1
on 12/31/11 5:25 am - Memphis, TN
 Thank goodness! I was starting to worry that the LapBand wasn't a good choice from what I have read on here lately. I'm still trying to figure out what to do. I always thought I would go with the band since it seems like the most simple and least scary but I don't want to waste time, energy, and most of all $$ if I will not be successful. I'm glad you posted. It gives me some hope. Thanks and I'm very happy for you. Congrats
kathkeb
on 12/31/11 5:26 am
Congratulations, Casey!!!!

I wish you the best of luck with the upcoming surgeries.

I had my arms/breasts done 13 months ago and will have the tummy done in March.

A healthy weight is the best gift you can give to your son. It spunds like you are a role model for "taking care of yourself" for him!
Kath

Wendybrum
on 12/31/11 5:49 am - Oceanside, NY
 What an inspiration/
Congrats on your bandaversity
wendy
onmyway06062011
on 12/31/11 6:21 am, edited 12/31/11 6:21 am - FL
VSG on 03/10/14
that is an awesome accomplishment what an inspiration you are congratulations does not seem like enough to say!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dianeg49
on 12/31/11 11:32 am
Thanks for letting us know how you are doing. WOW !! It is encouraging to hear from successful bandsters. My weight loss has seemed really slow. But I do feel like I will eventually make it to goal. I am not giving up! People like you remind me to stay and fight! Congratulations.
Dianeg49            
coachgrrl
on 1/1/12 12:15 am
 Congrats!!! and happy anniversary

Ambelina
on 1/1/12 1:00 am - Salem, OR
Fantastic!  I'm so happy for you!  Too funny cuz I talk to my band too.  My husband has even started doing it. Kind of weird, but that's us.  My first skin surgery is on 1/30/12 for "the girls" and my tummy.  Starting with those cuz my insurance (that wouldn't cover the band) is covering "the girls" with only having to pay the surgeons fee for the tummy.   We're figuring on my rump & thighs being done this time next year. 

Keep me posted on your outcome if you have time?
Highest 298; Pre-op: 279; PreOp BMI 41.  CW: 188 & Current BMI: 30!!!!! Thank you Lord for Dr Nair!!!
1st Goal 248;  2nd Goal 230 met!!!! 7/2010;  3rd Goal 215 - met 9/18/10!!!; 4th Goal 200 - 12/20/2010...  Surgeons goal met - I'd like to lose a litte more.  

Most Active