4 Years Post-LapBand

Celeste H.
on 3/1/12 12:45 am - Cedar Park, TX
Revision on 05/12/14
Just thought I'd say hi again, since I just passed my 4-year LapBand Anniversary! With some ups and downs, I'm STILL at 128 pounds lost after surgery and wearing a size 10 jeans!

Celeste in Austin, TX  - Licensed Professional Counselor - Clinical Supervisor 
LapBanded February 18, 2008; 3 slips and nearly a death later, had band removal then a revision to VSG on May 12, 2014; best decision ever!!!        

MARIA F.
on 3/1/12 1:56 am - Athens, GA

That's awesome! Glad you have been one of the LUCKY ones so far.

FormerlyFluffy.com

cheynne03
on 3/1/12 2:16 am - West Monroe, LA
Congratulation Celeste,  I will be celebrating my 4 year anniversary in April.  I am fortunate to have not had a lot of problems with my band.  I only have 5.0 in my band at this time.  With all of the problems some have been having, I have decided to keep my fill level lower and work a little harder at keeping it off.  To tell the truth it is nice to be able to eat a meal again LOL! 

Theresa

S 254/C168/G150   
          "Patience is the companion of wisdom."  St. Augustine

shellqueen
on 3/1/12 3:44 am - New Brighton, MN

Congratulations! Good work! K

Guernica Loser
on 3/1/12 5:49 am
 you rock!
I've been on prednisone and chemo for over 7.5 years.  Gained over 160 pounds due to pred. Highest wt. 410. Surgery wt. 365. Current wt. 299
See ya,400s, 90s,80s,70s, 60s, 50s, 40s, 30s, 20s, 10s 300s!!!!  

michele1
on 3/1/12 6:47 am
Revision on 07/07/15
Congratulations!!!!! Thanks for posting.....so many who where successful with bands are off living their life and not posting so it is nice to see the positive......... I haven't had any major issues either..

Awesome job!

Michele
(deactivated member)
on 3/1/12 8:57 am - Canada
Have had the band for 2.4 years, except for one unfill due to reflux, which gave immediate relief, I  have had no problems. Almost at goal. I love my band.
Linda M.
on 3/1/12 9:01 am - PA
I'm so glad you posted this post!  I am trying to decide if I want to ge tthe lap band done but I'm concerned I won't be able to lose enough weight.  

Still trying to decide.

Linda
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions.
Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel
that you, too, can become great."
 .....   MarkTwain
Celeste H.
on 3/2/12 12:12 am - Cedar Park, TX
Revision on 05/12/14
Linda,
If you work the rules with the LapBand, you can lose however much weight you want - conversely, if you don't follow the rules with a bypass, you won't lose as much as normally. The surgeries are very similar in that respect and you can eat around all of them. So pretty much think of the surgeries as tools that you will have to supplement with efforts of your own to get to the weight loss you desire.

I do bariatric surgery mental health evaluations on the side, and I've seen patients lose even more weight than I have with the LapBand. Nothing is guaranteed, of course, but so very much of it is up to you and how much you put into it.

Good luck with whatever decision you make!

LapBanded February 18, 2008; 3 slips and nearly a death later, had band removal then a revision to VSG on May 12, 2014; best decision ever!!!        

Celeste H.
on 3/2/12 12:19 am - Cedar Park, TX
Revision on 05/12/14
And thanks everyone! It certainly hasn't been a purely smooth journey - the time period preceding and during the slip was horrid, but I overcame and am back on track. Now if I could just keep my stress under control and prevent it from affecting my band, I'd be perfect! LOL 

Most Active