backlash from strict rules

Brendajrob
on 3/2/12 4:02 pm
My two surgeons have their own extended rules and it has casued me a lot of trouble psychologically and emotionally. It's super strict with NO milk, yogurt, cottage cheese, no tomatoes, no ketchup or mustard, no ice cream ever,and no melted cheese, and a host of other no-no's. They mainly stress eating meat meat and more meat, which I am getting sick of. I have gained 25 lbs. Does anyone know where I could go to find realistic menus for lap band eating?????
Brenda            
crystal M.
on 3/2/12 10:37 pm - Joliet, IL
That seems more than strict....it's odd and extreme.  No yogurt or cottage cheese???  No tomatoes or mustard???  I eat one of these things at least once a day.  I can understand the ice cream mentality...because it's a slider and it's a high calorie, high fat food.  But I would be lying if I said I haven't induldged once in awhile.  To eat nothing more than meat is very unbalanced and your bady is missing out on very important nutrients.  Sure we can take vitamins but the best way to get what we need is through healthy food not pills. 

My surgeon of course stressed protein but not just meat.  He also said we should have a serving of veggies/fruit and grains.  So in order it should be protein first, veggie/fruit next, grain next... at our meals.  I think most people have the same plan...I have seen them talk about it on here. 

Many of have followed the plan I mentioned above and have been successful.  I have lost 150lbs.  I think you should look for another doctor or see a nutritionist.  Just my opinion.
SueBee01
on 3/3/12 12:06 am - Orange Park, FL
Lap Band on 01/30/12
If your surgeon hasn't set you up with their nutritionist then I would ask why! You should be eating your meat/protein, but also veggies, fruits and grains. I eat yogurt almost everyday. It is a good protein too! I would ask them why no balanced meal, small, but balanced!

You may be eating too much meat too, depending on what you are eating. Use MyFitnessPal to log your food so you can really see the content of what you are eating.

Best wishes.
 Sue

Brendajrob
on 3/3/12 2:14 am
Thank you for your reply!!!! What is MyFitnessPal? Is it on this website???
Brenda            
Brendajrob
on 3/3/12 2:13 am
Thank you for your reply. It is very affirming. I do think I will look for another doctor and nutritionist. thanks for the .....order of what to eat ...protien, veggie/fruit..grain.
Brenda            
Brendajrob
on 3/4/12 10:54 am
Thank you for your support!!!!!
Brenda            
Wendybrum
on 3/3/12 12:30 am - Oceanside, NY
 By meat do you mean proten or just meat?
I never was told those no's.
See a nutritonist or google it here.
You can also read the bandwagon book by Jean Mcmillian.
Wendy
Brendajrob
on 3/3/12 2:16 am
meat, fish or seafood.....thanks for the reply....i get Jean's newsletter...too bad her espophagus got messed up and now she has no fill....I wish her luck...Thank you very much for your reply, it helps so much to get this kind of feedback.
Brenda            
SueBee01
on 3/3/12 4:32 am - Orange Park, FL
Lap Band on 01/30/12
MyFitnessPal is a website that let's you log you food, water and exercise. It is really easy to do and you can setup the number of calories you want because it will set you up for the number of calories without surgery so it may be too high.

Good luck!
 Sue

SueBee01
on 3/3/12 4:33 am - Orange Park, FL
Lap Band on 01/30/12
I forgot, they have iPhone and iPad app too!
 Sue

Most Active