Pain on rightside in Rib Cage - Any Help Appreciated

BroomHilda
on 5/8/12 6:38 am
Hello Fellow Bandsters~

For the past 2 days I have been experiencing a pain on my right side just below my breast  along the ribcage. Has anyone out there experienced something like this and was it band related? I have a message out to my doctor but I am getting antsy.

Background info: banded 4/22/08 Lap Band AP 10 cc band with 3 cc's filled.

Thank you in advance for your response

Broom

Starting Weight 346.7lbs Current Weight 199lbs Goal Weight 150lb
Andrea H.
on 5/8/12 9:07 am - Middletown, NJ
VSG on 04/08/13
 Do you still have your gall bladder?

HW 300, SW (Realize Band) 268, Revision to VSG 264

Hislady
on 5/8/12 1:57 pm - Vancouver, WA
Sounds like the pain I had with my gall bladder, kind right under the rib cage on the right side?
Nic M
on 5/8/12 2:27 pm
Are you experiencing any constipation? My first thought was gallbladder, too. But if you're constipated, it could be causing pain.

Best to get it checked. If you still have your gallbladder, they can usually see if you have stones.

Feel better soon.

Avoid kemmerling, Green Bay, WI

BroomHilda
on 5/8/12 3:21 pm
Hi Everyone,

Thank you for responses and attention. Yes, I do still have my gallbladder and I never would of ever thought about that. I just went automatically to thinking it was band related. The soonest my surgeon can see me is next Wednesday so I will keep monitoring the pain and continue cyber diagnosing myself.

Thanks again,

Broom

Starting Weight 346.7lbs Current Weight 199lbs Goal Weight 150lb
pitablond
on 5/9/12 3:03 am - Harrisburg, PA
My best guess is your gall bladder as well.  I had mine out within the first year of getting the band.  They said that it was due to the change in diet and rapid weight loss.  Good luck, that was horrible pain!  I had nausea as well.  Both were gone the minute I woke up from surgery.  For now, just be careful of the foods you are eating.  That might help.

~*Ashley*~ Highest weight: 330ish   Current weight: 198

Dev *.
on 5/9/12 12:20 am - Austin, TX
Shockingly enough, the band is not the cause of every ache and pain we experience, no matter what some might say.
If it might be your gallbladder, try going as close to 0 fat consumption as you can until you can get in to see your doctor. From initial symptoms to total obstruction of my gallbladder it was less than a week. If you can avoid having it removed in an emergency surgery, you'll be better off.

Banded 03/22/06  276/261/184 (highest/surgery/lowest)

Sleeved 07/11/2013  228/165 (surgery/current) (111lbs lost)

Mom to two of the cutest boys on earth.

Most Active