2 year surgiversary

Jamie Z.
on 8/27/12 6:47 am - MI
Two years ago yesterday I had my realize band placed.  It has NOT been easy.  I have had 2 unfills, one small and one larger.  That being said, training to be an endurance athlete, I do need to eat more, but yet still closely watch how much and what I eat. 

This year I have completed my third half marathon (2 were before surgery).  It was on a whim, and I blew my previous times and goals out of the water.  My next half marathon is coming up in just under 2 months, and I have a goal of under 3 hours.  Hopefully by the end of next year, I will have completed a full marathon.

Yesterday, on my surgiversary, I completed a 10k obstacle course.  With not ONE but TWO mud pits.  The course was a breeze for me except for one or two obstacles and the hills, omg the hills.  I finished in 1:48:10.  Which I was extremely proud of, since I don't train hills or obstacles much. 

Below is a pic of me all muddy!

Wendybrum
on 8/27/12 9:23 am - Oceanside, NY
 congrats you look great.
Keep up the good work

vlp1968
on 8/27/12 9:50 am
You look great even muddy. I am sure you will be ready for a full marathon before you know it. Keep up the good work!
pineview01
on 8/27/12 9:44 pm - Davison, MI
The mud just makes you look sexy

What a great job you have done rocking your band

Congratulations

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Michelle_W
on 8/28/12 4:36 am
Adjustable Gastric Band on 11/10/11
 Congratulations!
ancdani
on 8/28/12 9:29 am
 Getting my band tomorrow!  You are an inspiration - and I hope I can be as successful as you have been!
whithark
on 8/28/12 9:31 am - Bristol, RI
Awesome job, congratulations! I am running my first half in a few weeks, you are an inspiration!
Jaime 

Jamie Z.
on 8/28/12 11:00 am - MI
Good Luck!! And keep in mind, don't worry about how fast everyone else is going, just do it for you and only you!  There is no greater accomplishment than finishing.  It is rather addicting.

Most Active