Just had to share this tidbit!

Hislady
on 9/4/12 2:31 pm - Vancouver, WA
I just got a call from my surgeon's office asking what I weigh, Look at my avi and see how long ago I had surgery! I told her that I only lost 20# with the band, she didn't care about that just wanted my current weight. I told her don't you dare give any of the credit to this POS crap band for the extra weight either because the majority I did on my wn with Atkins. Oh guess what she told me. "Well we did think the band was a wonder when it first came out but we have since learned it really doesn't work very well. It works great for a few but for the majority it really doesn't do much." OK kids there is the truth from the mouths that conned me into this useless, harmful piece of plastic. I hung up on her before I really gave her a big old chunk of my mind. I didn't hear her telling me I get a free "real" surgery to make up for it!!!
grannymedic1
on 9/4/12 3:16 pm - Lake Odessa, MI
Revision on 08/21/12
The poor dear didn't have a clue what she was walking into, did she?  I bet she is more careful with the next person.

I am glad you let them know how you really feel.

Now, get your blood pressure back in bounds and knit something.

Highest weight: 212.8 Current weight 135 Lost 77.8 pounds

melly37
on 9/5/12 9:44 am - Rio Rancho, NM
VSG on 04/03/12
Yeah, I am sure it was very consoling to hear that!    So sorry!

LapBand Surgery 01/10/08, Revison to Sleeve 04/03/12

pineview01
on 9/5/12 10:16 am - Davison, MI
I got my band out yesterday and went sreight home and called to start the ball rolling on the sleeve.  I already heard from my PCP that the insurance said no go.  I called the insurance today and haven't heard back yet.

I too have managed to get 50 pounds off this year with Atkins.  Will be too much if losing to be safe for this surgery knocks me out of the sleeve.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Hislady
on 9/5/12 6:51 am - Vancouver, WA
Thanks blood pressure is creeping back down. It's just so aggravating that the docs themselves say it's no good yet nobody is doing anything to fix it for those of us who are stuck with the crappy bands. Even Allergan itself says now they are only good for 5-10 years max and then need to come out. That's just dandy but who is gonna take them out? I sure don't have the money for it!
bagelface
on 9/6/12 4:19 pm
VSG on 08/22/12
 I wonder if she was collecting data as a follow up.  It's good for them to keep a record of how many of these things fail.
Hislady
on 9/7/12 1:27 pm - Vancouver, WA
I'm sure she was but it's just the first time I've gotten a call. Actually part of the deal when I got banded was that we had to be available to contact for 5 yrs and I'm coming up on that now so maybe that's why. I hope they use it to slam Allergan and Realize, wish some attorney had the balls to stsart a class action suit!
carol468
on 9/7/12 8:28 am
I had my lap band Feb. 16, 2011, I've only lost about 35 lbs, I'm so disappointed with this crap band.  I regret everyday having the surgery, I went to a seminar before the surgery and the Doctor said the most people were disappointed with the lapband and most wish they had gotten the gastric bypass or sleeve, but I was a self-pay and this woman who worked in the office assured me that I would get the same results in 5 years with the lapband, boy was she wrong, why didn't she just mind her own business!!!!
pineview01
on 9/7/12 6:13 am, edited 9/7/12 6:15 am - Davison, MI

In the woman's defence, that is what we all where being told.  I myself,
was heard to say the same. 

By 2/16/11 most knew better and she should have minded her own
busness.  That said, our center is still telling new patients that. 
Think about it, if you get the band they make money on  the first surgey.           They make money on the fills.  Than they make money when it fails and
you have to have surgery to remove it.  I wish ours was letting people
know the most people were disappointed with the lapband!

I just had mine removed 9/4/12.  I couldn't get a fill or unfill without severe         pain for several days after.  The port was totally encapsulated with the
port tipped inside.  I told the surgeon it felt like my body was trying to
push the port out of my body.  He looked at me like I was nuts. 
I was right

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Hislady
on 9/7/12 1:31 pm - Vancouver, WA
Yep I agree with Piney that's the only reason I don't blame my surgeon for suggestion the band because back when I got mine that was the info being put out by the manufacturers and that's what the docs believed. I have more hatred for the manufacturers because I totally believe they knew the truth but just didn't put it out there. They needed this crap band to sell and make their money! Let us all suffer not them!
Most Active