update

wibble06
on 12/19/12 4:36 am - Richmond, VA
I haven't been on in quite a while, I just wanted to come in and let everyone know that I am doing well. I am past my original goal of being under 200 pounds with clothes on. I am in the low 180 and with the cold weather here I will probably be going even lower. I hope that everyone is doing well and I hope to be more active in the future
prek-3
on 12/19/12 6:44 am - Hollywood, FL
Wow! Congratulations on working your BAND!!!!
It sure would be nice to have a man around, there's probably more out there but us darn women just seem to monopolize these boards!!!
Again,
Congratulations,
Prek3

Nov 10,2009 I reached GOALL BYE  BYE  130 POUNDS! It wasn't about the FOOD, it was about what was eating at YOU!  Time for a Head adjustment!    **July 2011 Plastic Surgery Lower Body Lift

Exercise    is not a LUXURY!

Exercise  is a  NECESSITY

dionalexander
on 12/19/12 7:06 am

Hello.  Glad to see all of your success.  I am scheduled to have the Lap-Band in Jan 2013.  I cant wait and at the same time, i am a bit nervous.  My starting weight is 270lbs.  Any words of encouragement will be great.  How was post op for you?

wibble06
on 12/24/12 12:44 am - Richmond, VA
I'm not sure about words of encouragement but I will give some advice pack your bad according to the lists that are provided on this board, because its easy to forget something essential, get up and walking as soon as possible and use your Spirometer as much as possible. Best advice I can give is take your time adjusting from liquids, to mushies, to solid food. Learn your body as people in the group will tell you no 2 bodies accept the band the same way some can eat bread others can't, some can eat chicken others can't, some can eat and drink at the same time, some are tighter in the winter while others are tight in the summer, just learn your body and your personal tolerances. Lastly after your initial 4-6 months if you don't feel you need an adjustment don't let your Dr. keep scheduling you appointments you will know if you need an adjustment or not. I wish you well on your journey and can't wait to hear about your success.
I am an optimist. It does not seem too much use being anything else.
Winston Churchill

Ambelina
on 12/19/12 8:38 am - Salem, OR

Congratulations!!!

Highest 298; Pre-op: 279; PreOp BMI 41.  CW: 188 & Current BMI: 30!!!!! Thank you Lord for Dr Nair!!!
1st Goal 248;  2nd Goal 230 met!!!! 7/2010;  3rd Goal 215 - met 9/18/10!!!; 4th Goal 200 - 12/20/2010...  Surgeons goal met - I'd like to lose a litte more.  

SueBee01
on 12/19/12 9:54 am - Orange Park, FL
Lap Band on 01/30/12
Congratulations on your success!
 Sue

Most Active