How to get Back on Track POST OP

mrschriscross
on 6/4/13 7:46 am - Oswego, NY

I am almost 3 years out and find myself having fallen way off the wagon. I have put on about 10lbs but I keep telling myself it's bounce back weight. I have not lost any weight since like 1 year out. I did not meet my goal either. While I am not eating huge amounts I am grazing and making bad food choices. I am looking for help for 2 reasons, one to help myself and two I run the local support group here in my town and I would love to give some input on things to do if they find themselves doing the same thing. Looking for any and all suggestions on what you might have tried of have heard others try. Thanks in advance :)

Feel Free to Add Me on FACEBOOK just search for my name Angela Cross or [email protected]  Also if you could put you are from OH in the request it would help. Thanks :)

HW / SW / CW / GW
320 / 305 / 213 / 185   Updated 3-27-11

katiekat412
on 6/4/13 8:16 pm
I'm sure you'll get better advice about your band but my biggest suggestion is: plan.

On Saturday, write down what your three meals are going to be everyday, for the upcoming week, and go grocery shopping. Make each day identical. Itll take the love of food out of eating and help with routine.

On Sunday, prepare the food and seperate all of your portions into measured containers for the week.

Decide what time you are going to eat each meal. Make a schedule that will be generally the same for each day- what time you have each meal, what time you drink fluids (not with meals). Check off on a list everyday each and every time you eat a meal and drink your fluids.

A little much? Maybe. But the structure should help you get rid of some bad habits.

Weigh before and after and adjust your calories for the next week accordingly. Maybe add a goal to limit carbs to 50g a day.

Highest weight 250/ SW 233/Lowest Weight 135/Regain Highest 175/Current Weight 160

Mell
on 6/5/13 12:30 am

When I got pregnant the first time I completely fell off the wagon! To get back on I took baby steps, first I said no more fast food, two weeks later I detoxed off sugar completely, three weeks later (the sugar thing took a while) I cut out simple carbs, etc...I marked it on my calendar and set alerts to remind me what I was focusing on these two weeks. But I also agree with the previous post PLAN! I have 3 children a husband and work full time Sunday is my day where I plan their meals and mine. Time is crazy tight for me, so like this morning I woke up 20 mins early (4:30 am) and made the baked pasta for dinner, I reserved some of the meat sauce for myself to eat with a salad. This way when I get home and shift 2 (as I like to call it) starts the first thing we do is eat dinner so there is no grazing.

Good luck

Mell
Start weight: 320
At surgery:  300
Current:      185
Goal:           175

vlp1968
on 6/5/13 12:30 am

I totally agree with Katie, planning is key.  The day before, or in the morning, I plan what I am going to eat and about when.  I eat the same breakfast- 1c nonfat greek yogurt with 1/2 c fiber one.  I do vary the rest of the day- lots of fish, some chicken sausage, shrimp, different veggies, eggs, brown rice, ww toast, sweet potatoes, corn for carbs.

Lisa O.
on 6/5/13 2:59 am - Snoqualmie, WA

http://beariatric.com/2013/05/29/10-common-causes-of-weight- gain-after-bariatric-surgery/

I thought this was a great post from Tom B. a blogger that I follow who has a LB.  

I plan to share this with my support group this month.

Best, 

Lisa

Lap Band surgery Nov. 2008, SW 335. Lost 116 lbs.  LB removal May 2013 gained 53 lbs. Revisied to RNY October 14, 2013, new SW 275.

Most Active