OH Testing - Dev
Team

on 11/5/15 4:52 am - Asbury, NJ
Topic: RE: test

Hi Martha! Hope you're doing great!

KurjahRNY
on 7/22/15 7:37 pm
Topic: RE: Sjogren's Syndrome and VGS

I had RNY on 01/22/2015 and I have Sjogrens as well as RA and Lupus. We are in a minority and the information is limited. I can only comment on my situation, since we have to " sip" all day the dry mouth is easier to deal with. Eating better has made my mouth happier. I have had chronic thrush for 3 years which is now very manageable. Talk with your Rheumy about your wanting surgery if they are like mine they will be happy and like the new you and the new body you live in! mine does!

gigito2
on 6/25/15 4:18 pm
Topic: RE: my testimony of WLS with Lupus (SLE) & health issues...

One more apology:  I shouldn't have posted without looking further.  I see now that DS means Duodenal Switch.  Thanks.

gigito2
on 6/25/15 4:15 pm
Topic: RE: my testimony of WLS with Lupus (SLE) & health issues...

Sorry - new here...  Could someone please define "DS" or point me to an acronym dictionary?  Thanks!

gigito2
on 6/25/15 4:06 pm
Topic: RE: Link to info on Plaquenil and Vitamin D/Calcium depletion

I'm in the minority with you, Rachael.  I've taken it for years and the most I can see that it does is give me heartburn...  I keep taking it tho, because in over 5 years I've never had another flare of RA or Lupus, so I'm sure it's doing it's job....  That's something in itself!

Dejah H.
on 5/27/15 8:55 am - Central, TX
Topic: RE: doing better but!

I'm sorry your boss is not very understanding. :(

I am glad you are feeling better! I hope that the plaquenil continues to do its job through the winter months as well! For me, the plaquenil has been a miracle. I feel so good, and even when I have a flare, it is not as bad and doesn't last as long. :)

Take care!

289 / 273 / 163.4 / 164   10cc AP Standard  my band! 

karin602
on 5/26/15 3:54 pm - MD
RNY on 07/30/13
Topic: doing better but!

With the warmer weather and the plaquenil really doing its job I am really feeling much better. Biggest problem is my boss. She sees I am doing much better now and expects me "to keep moving forward." Throws up to me how grateful I should be for coworkers who picked up my slack not considering all the things I did for them to make up for the more physical things I couldn't do. I am in fear of suffering any flares because she just doesn't get it. Enjoying the warm weather but dreading the inevitable cold weather come fall. I do plan on printing out info from the government site JAN which describes lupus as a disability and lists accommodations that should be available if needed. Hope that helps enlighten her some. This coming from a boss who I gave so much support to when she was undergoing treatment for breast cancer!

Karin

Most Active
Recent Topics
Planquenil
imkewar · 6 replies · 1741 views
Lupus flares
jane235 · 5 replies · 2057 views
I need some advice
jhadsmith · 0 replies · 2177 views
Testing symbol
Kathy S. · 0 replies · 2957 views
Test