Compression Garments

Happy to be in
Onederland

on 10/26/09 12:31 am, edited 12/6/09 5:57 pm

I went to the convention in Rye NY this past weekend and picked up a full length compression garment from one of the vendors there.  I am so totally pleased.  I lost 8# in two days in my leg.  Its comfortable and works!!!! Only draw back is I need to take it off to PEEEEE!  It does have an open crotch, but I don't want to take a chance on getting it wet and risking a flareup of cellulitis.   

**Update**  now down 20#'s with the use of the compression garment.  Some mornings, my left leg almost looks normal and the right one is much more easily fitting into slacks.

Some days your the dog and some days your the hydrant.

RoseyNo
on 10/26/09 3:01 am
Nan,

This is such great news!  Congratulations, I'm really happy you bought it.  You looked great in it too!

Debbie

Sarahlicious
on 11/18/09 12:00 am - Portsmouth, OH
It's the neccessary evil of compression....the garments compress the fluid out, but then that means you have to pee more and the garments are hell to get up and down easily!!!

I have Lipedema and Lymphedema. I also have a passion for Obesity and Health Insurance Advocacy

Blog: born2lbfat.com Facebook: Born2lbFat Twitter: @born2lbfat

Happy to be in
Onederland

on 11/18/09 12:04 am

The garment has a pee-hole in it very wide, so its easily moved to the side not to mess it up.  I started PT at a local hospital for Lymphedema and they were totally impressed with the garment. 

Kermit P.
on 12/11/09 11:51 am
What is the garment's name?  I bought ones through the hanes outlet (not fitted for me, etc) and are so tight I hate wearing them.
Happy to be in
Onederland

on 12/11/09 3:24 pm

Here is the website: www.lipoexpress.com

The garments are made in Colombia

totalfreedom
on 12/19/09 9:24 am - Northern CA
Hi,

If you get a tool called a "Freshette" you won't have to take your garment off.  I used this when I had my thigh PS done.  I had open wounds that needed the wet dry treatment.  Since they were near my groin I would have to change them everytime I went pee.  With the freshette, they never got wet.  I found mine at a hiking store.

Here is a web link : http://www.freshette.com/  that tells you about it.  I know REI sells them or you could order one online.

Kelli

Kelli
5' 1, 221pds to 120pds, BMI: 42.5 to 22.8, Size 22WP to 2P.  
Dr. Agha-Newport Beach, CA:  
12.29.08:TT/LBL/UTL/BL/Butt Aug!
 5.10.09: Face/Neck Lift,Implants,lipo, lower eyelids,fat transfer

Happy to be in
Onederland

on 12/19/09 11:40 am

Apparently in order to use one of the crappy things you need to have no excess skin hanging in the groin.  What an embarrassing mess it caused.  Although mine wasn't a freshette, it was a go girl http://www.go-girl.com/

I don't suggest anyone use them unless its an extreme emergency and you don't mind having urinated on yourself.  It probably works much better on people who have no excess skin hanging.

Most Active