venous stasis- swelling in the feet and ankles

tipa
on 7/6/10 8:47 am
i have a question i am a female bmi of 45.5and i wiegh 264.5 and i am 5'4 tall i have been over wieght for my whole life adult and child hood i have been dealing with this venous stasis that i was diagnosis with about 1 year ago but i have had it for about 6 years and it is now at the point that it is really bad so that is why i am going for the RNY surgery ... i just want to know if when i get this surgery and i lose like 100lbs if my ankles will go down to normal!? if i wear sandels that is when they getting swollen or if i go barefoot for a long time .. but if i wear sneakers i am fine becuase of the compression!  thanks for reading !
Jupiter6
on 8/4/10 3:14 pm - Near Media, Pa- South of Philly, NJ
My venous stasis didn't become evident until AFTER I lost over 200 pounds. I now have to wear compression garments, and like you cannot wear sandals, have to avoid the heat, and my ankles balloon when I exercise. I am sorry to say that weight loss may help, but does not correct venous stasis.

"Oh sweet and sour Jesus, that is GOOD!" - Stephen Colbert  Lap RNY 7/07-- Lap Gallbladder 5/08--  
     Emergency Bowel Repair
6/08 -Dr. Meilahn, Temple U.  
 Upper and Lower Bleph/Lower Face Lift 
12/08 
     Fraxel Repair 2/09-- Lower Bleph Re-Do 5/09  -Dr. Pontell, Media PA  Mastopexy/Massive 
     Brachioplasty/ Extended Abdominoplasty 
(plus Mons Lift and Upper Leg lift) / Hernia Repair
      6/24/09 ---Butt Lift and Lateral Thighplasty Scheduled 7/6/10
 - Dr. Ivor Kaplan VA Beach

Total Cost: $33,500   Start wt: 368   RNY wt: 300  Goal wt: 150   Current wt: 148.2  BMI: 24.7

MSW will not settle
on 1/20/11 2:20 am
You could have significant improvement.  I have similar stats to yours for height and weight.  With nearly 150 lbs gone, swelling has improved tremendously. 

I use compression socks and elevate my legs as needed.  However, it is nothing like what it was.  Also, being smaller with lean limbs, I can spot any edema when it first begins. 

MSW   Roux-En-Y Gastric Bypass: Eat sensibly & enjoy moderation  

Links:  Are you a compulsive eater?  for help OA meets on-line Keep Coming Back, One Day At a Time  Overeaters Anonymous 

LV'N MY RNY.  WORKING FOR ME BECAUSE I WORK FOR IT. 

Most Active