Why isnt this board being used ??

robert
on 4/5/06 1:46 am - gadsden, AL
Hi I am Robert ( I am new to the message board) I was wondering why this board isnt being used much. I have lymphedema in my left leg below the knee , I have to do MLD on a daily bases and wear a 50mg stocking to support my calf. Does anyone else have problems with pain,swelling and basic dicomfort due to lymphedema ?
Amy Williams
on 4/7/06 11:49 am
Hi Robert, I think that many more people have Lymphedema but just don't realize it and this board is still very new. I hope we get more people posting. I did have problems with pain at one point and now things are better. Are you pre-surgery? Amy
robert
on 4/8/06 7:36 am - gadsden, AL
Pre-surgery ?? I do manual Lymph drainage morning and night, wrap at night and use support stocking during the day but if I do to much I still get swelling and pain. I can prop my leg up and the swelling goes but get up and moving for a bit then it is the same. I did go to my doctor this last week she set me up with the doctor I saw before that does MLD/rehab to try to help the pain and swelling and range of movement.
Amy Williams
on 4/8/06 9:30 am
Hi Robert, Sorry I wasn't more clear. I was wondering if you were going to have weight loss surgery or if you had? I know before my surgery my legs would have the hardest time staying down because the weight was stopping the movement in my legs, stomach area. My legs would swell up very quickly. The only thing that really helped me was losing this weight, I still have lots of swelling if I don't keep them up, but it's much more manageable. Amy
Most Active