My Stats: 

High weight: 296 
Weight at initial consult 1-19-2012: 269 
Weight at surgery 4-23-12: 230 
Last week: 176
This week: 177
Total weight lost: 92
Body Fat 14%

Hope today finds everybody happy and healthy. I am up a pound but not overly concerned, made the gym 3 times this past week and have been hitting my calorie goals. The bulk in my upper body muscles is noticeable now and my pants size has not changed so I am putting a checkmark in the win column for the week. Labs came back from my 7 month check and were all good, NUT said "don't lose any more weight, you are right where we want you" but Surgeon says "Your exercise regimen will catapult you into the next phase of weight loss"...? What's a guy to do?

I will be adding some excellent info to the FAQ today that was shared by another member... Might also sneak my 7 month photos up if time allows.

Keep up the good work you fantastic bunch of losers! (And mind your manners at all the upcoming holiday parties too!).

Brian

Hug your kids every day, let them know they are loved, keep them safe the best you can.
Men's Forum FAQ here: docs.google.com/folder/d/0B5YeHu9A2ZfYcVJhUlVHeVVFWE0/edit
Daniel-L
on 12/1/12 11:54 pm - OR
RNY on 01/26/12

Morning guys,

I have been trying to slow the weight loss down, but keep loosing.  Without telling me how lucky I am, does any one have any suggestions.

thanks

Daniel

Brian K.
on 12/2/12 4:34 am - MA
RNY on 04/23/12

Hi Dan,

Not to be a smarty but have you tried more food, less exercise? Not sure how tall you are but no worries, you will hit the wall... Have you measured your body fat %? How many calories a day?

Hug your kids every day, let them know they are loved, keep them safe the best you can.
Men's Forum FAQ here: docs.google.com/folder/d/0B5YeHu9A2ZfYcVJhUlVHeVVFWE0/edit
Tim T.
on 12/2/12 12:29 am, edited 12/2/12 12:30 am - Eastham, MA

Morning!

Stats: 12/02/2012  

Highest Weight: 315 - 

Start Weight: 1/1/2011 305 - 

Tufts Start Weight- May 2011: 285 -

Surgery Weight-7/5/2011: 265 - 

Weight last Sunday Weigh-in: 171 - 

Current Weight: 171 - 

Goal Weight: 170ish - Lbs. lost/gained this week -0 - 

Total loss from Start Weight: 134 LBS.   

I'm not sure if the slight uptick in my weight is a temporary set back due to lessened activity in the off season or an adjustment after hitting bottom. I'm not concerned about blowing up like a tick again as I'm able to get the usual distance in on my running episodes and the involuntary restriction has kept the calorie intake in check. I still enjoy an amazing amount of energy and flexibility and I feel like a million bucks. I have had a few comments about how much  healthier I look a few months after hitting bottom and how my face has filled out a little and not looking so gaunt. I have noticed it myself but I guess when you look at yourself in the mirror several times daily, you're probably the last one to see it.  

I pulled the trigger and bought a new truck this week (or my business did)- a 2013 GMC Sierra crew cab all tricked out. I've been driving the same one for the last 10 years and it was time. We're looking at billing out some serious coin for the foreseeable future and need a few write offs.http://www.martysgmc.com/promos/GMC-Holiday-Event-2012/bg_a. jpg  

Putting up the tree today and a few minor chores before Pats/Dolphins. I'll be pissed if the Pats don't score at least 50 points. We're all getting used to it. (no offense to you Dolphins fans out there, just sayin')  

Good luck!   Tim T.

p.s. Does anyone know why these posts don't divide into paragraphs when you're typing them??  The enter button just makes a space- not a blank line???? WTF

Brian K.
on 12/2/12 4:31 am - MA
RNY on 04/23/12
On December 2, 2012 at 8:29 AM Pacific Time, Tim T. wrote:

Morning!

Stats: 12/02/2012  

Highest Weight: 315 - 

Start Weight: 1/1/2011 305 - 

Tufts Start Weight- May 2011: 285 -

Surgery Weight-7/5/2011: 265 - 

Weight last Sunday Weigh-in: 171 - 

Current Weight: 171 - 

Goal Weight: 170ish - Lbs. lost/gained this week -0 - 

Total loss from Start Weight: 134 LBS.   

I'm not sure if the slight uptick in my weight is a temporary set back due to lessened activity in the off season or an adjustment after hitting bottom. I'm not concerned about blowing up like a tick again as I'm able to get the usual distance in on my running episodes and the involuntary restriction has kept the calorie intake in check. I still enjoy an amazing amount of energy and flexibility and I feel like a million bucks. I have had a few comments about how much  healthier I look a few months after hitting bottom and how my face has filled out a little and not looking so gaunt. I have noticed it myself but I guess when you look at yourself in the mirror several times daily, you're probably the last one to see it.  

I pulled the trigger and bought a new truck this week (or my business did)- a 2013 GMC Sierra crew cab all tricked out. I've been driving the same one for the last 10 years and it was time. We're looking at billing out some serious coin for the foreseeable future and need a few write offs.http://www.martysgmc.com/promos/GMC-Holiday-Event-2012/bg_a. jpg  

Putting up the tree today and a few minor chores before Pats/Dolphins. I'll be pissed if the Pats don't score at least 50 points. We're all getting used to it. (no offense to you Dolphins fans out there, just sayin')  

Good luck!   Tim T.

p.s. Does anyone know why these posts don't divide into paragraphs when you're typing them??  The enter button just makes a space- not a blank line???? WTF

Daddy got a new pair of shoes... nice!

Re: Enter button:  Mine acts just like a return key, I get a line every time?

Don 1962
on 12/2/12 9:06 am

331.0: All time high 3/10/08
321.0: Surgery day 4/7/08
184.0: GOAL!! 1/13/09
173.0: 1 yr Surgiversary 4/7/09 and at 18 months
171.5: 2 yr Surgiversary (Dr. scales)
175.5: 3 rd Surgiversary (his scales in shorts and t-shirt)
170.2: 4 th Surgiversary
169.8: Last week
170.4: This week

Guess the morning "big ol' nasty stinky" was not as big as I thought it was and did not get me back to 170.  Oh well. 

Tim - one thing about new trucks - it wipes you out when you get that first scratch or dent in it.  Throw a hammer or piece of metal pipe in the back and go drive around for a few minutes and get it over with.  Knew one old rancher who would bring his new truck home and park it in the pasture and call the cows up.  They would get to licking on it and pushing and shoving around on it and get the first dent in it that way.

Brian K. - last week you suggested with the Xmas holiday coming on that we channel our inner Clark Griswald.  After I finish eating supper and get done posting this I have one more string of lights to hang on the house to have that part of it done.  I have worked on just the house the past two days!!  I'll have to put the lights on the fence either during the week after work or do it next weekend. 

Guess I'm trying to say that I having a big ol' nasty FART going on hanging the lights.  This is the first time in a long, long time that I have done the lights on the house and fence.  Can tell y'all it is a hell of a lot easier at 170 than it was pushing the 300 pound mark!!  

Never, and I mean NEVER, trust a fart!! 

Mike R.
on 12/2/12 1:44 pm - Warner Robins, GA

My stats this week:

High weight:  392 lbs 
Pre-op Weight 4 Aug 09:  377.5 lbs  
             Last week:  216.6 lbs / 19.5% body fat / 165.8 lbs muscle mass
             This week:  217.0 lbs / 19.7% body fat / 165.8 lbs muscle mass

Pretty much status quo this week.  Made it to the gym 3 days and the bike trail 1 day this past week.  Beautiful weather in central GA – highs 60/70s lows 40/50s.  Christmas parade and decorating the church and house for Christmas were on tap this weekend.

Gentlemen, be safe!

-Mike

HW: 392 lbs SW: 377.5 lbs
          CW: 215 lbs GW: 190 lbs

Andrew L.
on 12/3/12 12:37 am - Klamath Falls, OR
RNY on 04/11/12

Highest = 370 (6/2011)

At time of 6 mo monitoring = 358 (9/2011)

Day of surgery = 328.8 (4/2012)

Current = 245

I am still pushing to get to 230 by Christmas but it may be a struggle.  I am not loosing nearly as quickly now and with the weather and time change I am not able to get on the bike but once a week at best.

ACLakey's Bariatric Blog

Highest Weight 06/2011 = 370
Weight at Surgery 04/11/2012 = 328.8
Goal Weight = 230

billmacc7
on 12/3/12 11:52 am - MA

Good Evening,

The Numbers:
346: All time high 7/1/10 - BMI = 52
326: Tufts Medical Center, Surgery 12/27/10 BMI=49
198: Weigh In 11/25/12
200: This Week 12/2/12 -->Up 2 lb BMI=29
148: Total Weight Loss

Well, a slight uptick to 200. Still, as I approach my two year Surgiversary, I have been either 5 pounds above or below 200 witth 200 being the average. I am TOTALLY happy with that is at my highest I was almost 350!!!!!

Exercise is good. Only got in 3 days or exercise/running.  I really enjoy working out, but often it seems IMPOSSIBLE to find the time with work, 3 kids, and the Holidays fast approaching. Still, it is important for my health and well being so I want to maintain at least a minimum of 3 days working out per week.  

From the posts, looks like we are are all getting into the Holiday Season!! Here is hoping we can all get through it without too many eating/food issues!

Yours in WLS,

Bill  Mac

Most Active
Cinco de mayo Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 4 replies · 33 views
Recent Topics
Cinco de mayo Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 4 replies · 33 views
NFL Draft Sunday
Don 1962 · 5 replies · 59 views
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 79 views