RYN and wellbutrin????

losing_it86
on 10/5/11 2:07 pm - Riverside, CA
RNY on 05/19/09 with
 how dose RYN affect anti depresants? can we take them?
<3 Michael (the girl)

emmykins132000
on 10/15/11 4:23 am
Hi, I had RNY three years ago and I take wellbutrin.  it works just as good as it did before surgery.  The only difference is that if you take any kind of extended release, you might not absorb it all so you may have to take a slightly higher dose. 

(deactivated member)
on 10/25/11 6:42 am

I am 3 years out and take Wellbutrin immediate release.
100 mgs 2 x a day.          Did not take this BEFORE  surgery, was on Prozac then.

minituck
on 11/13/11 9:01 am
My psych has put me on rapid release meds in anticipation of the surgery (Dec. 5th) so that my body will absorb them post op as well.  Let us know how the wellbutrin works for you.  There are two kinds so ask your doctor if he can prescribe the rapid release instead of the extended.
artroxy blue
on 1/9/12 8:17 pm - MA
RNY on 08/14/12
 Glad to hear some positive responses to this! I take Wellbutrin now, in addition to Zoloft.  I'm hoping to get off of Zoloft before surgery. 
00Sheep
on 2/8/12 5:03 am - Joplin, MO
I did not take Wellbrutrin befor my surgery, but I know that my prescription has been increased several times in order to get a good effect.  I started taking 150.  I now take 450 mg daily.  My psychiatrist was concerned about it until she found that I had RNY surgery.  She now says that it is most likely a consequence of the way I absorb medication.  I am not willing to go back down because of the way I felt before taking 450 mg.  If it works, don't mess with it.
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 693 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 686 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 903 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1602 views