A lighter me

SR22
on 8/9/11 12:14 pm - SC

Have anyone used these coordinators.... i am a little skeptical

gottago
on 8/10/11 11:48 am
I had my surgery in the U.S. but I went with my sister and she went to Dr. Kelly through A Lighter Me.  No need to worry they are a company in the U.S. so you are safe dealing with them.  As a matter of fact they are one of  only a few that we found that are actual companies in the U.S. and not just someone that slapped up a website and takes your money.  Not that a company that isn't in the U.S. would not be legitimate, but they are definitly legit.  If someone is an actual company you can go on that state's website, for the company name and they will be listed. 

Believe you me, we asked and looked them up.  They have more than one website and do business under the company name of Bravo Development Group.  Another thing that we discovered is that companies that accept credit cards have to jump through a lot of hoops, apply and be accepted by the banks or they cannot accept credit cards.  That's why you will see that many other coordinators can only accept credit cards through Pay Pal.  That means they don't have an actual business set up or a business account with a bank.

Above all make sure you always get it in writing and the company is an actual company you can go to and can be held accountable so you at have some recourse to be sure you get what you pay for.
SR22
on 8/11/11 12:09 am - SC
Thanks you. your response makes perfect sense
Emily F.
on 8/14/11 6:22 am
Why not go through the doctor's office instead of a coordinator?
SR22
on 8/14/11 6:56 am - SC
I am told that I can not go through the doctors office with Dr. J. RIcardo Ramos Kelly in Tijuana, MX. He only have cooridinatiors to set things up in the U.S.  Do anyone know away to go straight through the doctors office.
Emily F.
on 8/14/11 9:09 am
On August 14, 2011 at 1:56 PM Pacific Time, SR22 wrote:
I am told that I can not go through the doctors office with Dr. J. RIcardo Ramos Kelly in Tijuana, MX. He only have cooridinatiors to set things up in the U.S.  Do anyone know away to go straight through the doctors office.
 search the website for dr Kelly, I see threads on him pretty often on this forum. 

I'm not sure how comfortable I would have been w a coordinating company bc they are paid to make a sell, they work several different offices, so I'm not sure how much they work with a certain doctor? My doctor office had its own patient coordinator that handled everything for him? Not a third party company?

Maybe start another thread w just "kelly" in the title so more of his clients will come forth.
Kelly L.
on 9/9/11 5:48 am
I was Sleeved by Dr Kelly also and went through Trish. She is actually there in MX, is Dr Kellys assistant, works out of the Florence Hospital, and is the person who visits you in the Hospital and Hotel, takes you shopping, and helps to take care of you in person. My day to day experience is on my profile if you're interested. I had a wonderful experience!! Good luck on your weight loss journey!!
MEDICPRINCESS
on 11/22/11 3:37 am - Falcon, MO
 SR22, 
I just got off the ph with Sandy Johnson, I have been dealing with her and Linda Preciado since September upon booking my surgery date. Sandy just wanted to let me know that everything is scheduled, make sure I had all the packet info and had faxed back my History and Physical and Surgical Consent.  I am a nurse and a paramedic, been in the medical field for the past 15 yrs and own a medical billing business as well. I can tell you i did my research and then some!  I cannot find a bad thing about Dr Ramos Kelly nor Sandy and Linda for that matter. I know I had contacted linda last week and she had been in Mexico visiting the LIghter Me Physicians and according to Sandy lastnight Linda just got back from as convention/seminar in Canada with Dr Kelly.

I like that he has experience and training in the US, and that he spent several years up north doing organ transplant surgeries. I had (in my mind) another Dr picked out but after reading all the education and hx Dr Kelly has I was drawn to him.

Being a business owner I am very well aware of the internet fraud and scams, the payment end of everything is done in the United States and if sending a wire the Payments may be wire transferred or directly deposited (certified Funds)  to Wells Fargo Bank, Laguna Blvd Branch, 5120 Laguna Blvd, Elk Grove, CA. 95758 (916-684-7801) Account # 5004192398 - Routing # 121000248. Account is under the name of Bravo Development Group, LLC. Please fax a copy of your wire transfer or direct deposit receipt to ensure proper credit.    this is another reason for my decision to go with A lighter Me and Dr Kelly. If it was a scam, there are measures you can take with the business funds being in the United states vs Mexico. 

I am 5'2 (and 3/4) weight is 210.2 as of lastnight and I am paying for my VSG out of pocket!! Insurance sees it as an elective surgery at my current weight and would not pay. If i gained another 50 lbs then it would be considered and they would pay half of the cost which in the US is $16,000 and up so I figure why wait when It will cost me virtually the same now or later. I have been on the yo yo dieting for years, have been on meds for IBS that caused me to gain the last 20 lbs and why wait till i gain another 50! That's just more risk and more to loose. 

I don't know when you are wanting your surgery scheduled for but I will be glad to keep you updated on my surgery and how everything goes. If you would like to talk about this more feel free to email me off the blog anytime. - [email protected]

llLou
on 11/23/11 6:11 am - Halifax NS, Canada
 I met Dr. Kelly and Linda at the meeting you mentioned in Canada. They were great. I plan to have my surgery with him in the New year. You made a great choice.I'm a nurse and did alot of research also. Good Luck!
jessy74
on 8/29/12 6:19 pm - NV
 I just had a vertical sleeve done on 8/20/2012 from my flight arrival to my stay in the hospital n the hotel n to my safe return back home to vegas  it  was wonderfull ronda sandy janese cordinator abraham the driver eduardo the cordinator in tijuana and dr garcia n hospital staff were verry great n wonderfull experience for traveling out off state   just follow the instruction n evrything would be fine ;-}
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 254 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 444 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1060 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1626 views