Dr Q vs Dr Pompa vs Dr Illan

gottaloseit
on 3/19/17 4:36 am

Hi everyone! New here. I have been doing research on surgeons for a few days now and I am just curious about what peoples opinions are. I currently have a list of favorites. First is Dr Q, Second is Dr Illan, and third is Dr Pompa.

Does anyone have any experiences to share with these surgeons? Also does anyone have any tips on researching/finding the best doctor for their needs?

A bit of background on me, I am 21 years old, with a BMI of 48.9. I have been dieting since I was 10 and I am ready for this weight to be gone forever, but I am worried about the long wait times offered in Canada.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

hollykim
on 3/19/17 2:18 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On March 19, 2017 at 11:36 AM Pacific Time, gottaloseit wrote:

Hi everyone! New here. I have been doing research on surgeons for a few days now and I am just curious about what peoples opinions are. I currently have a list of favorites. First is Dr Q, Second is Dr Illan, and third is Dr Pompa.

Does anyone have any experiences to share with these surgeons? Also does anyone have any tips on researching/finding the best doctor for their needs?

A bit of background on me, I am 21 years old, with a BMI of 48.9. I have been dieting since I was 10 and I am ready for this weight to be gone forever, but I am worried about the long wait times offered in Canada.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

dr pompa has been known to make hourglass shaped sleeves which is not good. I oersonslly wouldn't use her.

Highfunctioningfatman
on 3/29/17 6:39 am
VSG on 08/29/16

I used Maricio Gutierrez at Trinity Medical in Tijuana. I was extremely happy. I personally know 5 other people who used him and all were happy. I'm in the medical field and I can say that it is the cleanest facility that I've been in. I walked all over that place barefoot and when it was time to leave my feet looked as clean as if I had just come out of the shower.

Ginnny
on 4/3/17 10:53 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

Hi There,

In Ontario I was 9-1/2 months from Orientation to surgery. I don't think that's too long....

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

OrangeBlossom17
on 4/9/17 4:39 pm

Wait times have dramatically decreased in Canada. The programs are designed to prepare you for the changes you will have to make in order for WLS to be successful. I am finding each appointment I have helpful and informative. Sometimes I wish I could have the surgery tomorrow but I know it will be here sooner than I think and I will be prepared.

Referred:Oct 2016 Orientation: Jan 9th/17 Nurse: Apr 4th/17 PreOp Class 1: Apr 2017 Nut/SW:Jun 13th/17 Psych:Jun 29th/17 PreOp Class 2: July 11th/17 Meet the Surgeon:July 12th/17 Endoscopy: July 21st/17 RNY Surgery: August 25th/17

Opti-15lbs M1-18.5lbs M2-12.5lbs M3-10lbs M4-10lbs M5-4lbs M6-15lbs, M7-5lbs M8-

2forthewin
on 4/12/17 4:48 pm
MarinaGirl
on 4/28/17 1:58 pm, edited 6/24/18 1:05 pm

MarinaGirl
on 4/3/18 8:10 am, edited 6/24/18 1:06 pm

I hit my goal weight 7 months after surgery and have since lost even more pounds. I'm doing great and very happy I chose to go to MX for my mini gastric bypass. All comorbidities have resolved and the only medicine I take is for Hashimoto's (autoimmune thyroiditis).

MarinaGirl
on 4/3/18 8:19 am, edited 6/24/18 1:08 pm

I had surgery at Hospitales Angeles Tijuana, which is the primary hospital of Tijuana. I was very well cared for and in the best place if a complication were to occur, but nothing unexpected happened; all went according to plan. I am healthier than I've been in a long time!

seattle_sleeve
on 4/28/17 4:23 pm

I just left Dr Q and his Pompeii Surgical facility today - and I cannot speak highly enough of Dr Q and his staff - so glad I booked with Pompeii - if I had to do it again I would (but so glad I don't have too!!)

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 256 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 445 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1061 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1627 views