An informative post about Surgery in MX.

jessica892
on 8/13/17 1:18 pm - Poplar Bluff, MO

Sorry it's taken so long I start to write. Get interrupted and then it's erased. So I had a long day yesterday. The anesthesia really knocked me out. I passed out first in Recovery. Then I remember being asked to move to the table. Then I remember waking up in pain. Then I fell aslee again. Then I was being wheeled out of recovery. Then I woke up in my room with George telling me how to use the weird spirometer for breathing exercises. Much different than U.S. Then I passed out again and didn't wake up until 6. So don't scare your family like I did. Don't tell them you should be done I. 3 hours. You may be done but not awake.

jessica892
on 8/13/17 1:25 pm - Poplar Bluff, MO

Today I woke up and walked. Walk. Walk. Walk. You're going to burp a lot. It's not going to come out all at once either. You'll be walking all day. It's not Pain really. Just uncomfortable. I think the gas x strips do help. They are going to bring you a lot to drink. 2 bottles of water, broth, ice chips, apple juice and camomile tea for breakfast. Lunch is another 2 bottles of water, apple juice, broth, camomile tea, and lemon Jello. You are not supposed to even try to eat all of this of course. Just what you can slowly throughout the day. I'm still on an IV and not going to the bathroom much so it's safe to say I need to sip more frequently. It's hard when you're so tired though. Speaking of which. More later.

glendenningallenmiss
y

on 8/13/17 1:45 pm

It sounds like you've had a busy day!! Thank you for the posts! Continue getting well and good luck!!

jessica892
on 8/13/17 2:34 pm - Poplar Bluff, MO

Spoke to psychologist and nutritionist. Psychologist brought me my meds, pain pill not liquid, antacid pill, and liquid antibiotic, and told me since it's the weekend my surgery report and all test results will be emailed to me to give to my doctor.

I've seen all three of the doctors today. Still waiting to get drain out after leak test. Started packing already. Because my flight is at 12:50 the driver picks me up at 9:30. Hopefully there will be shops open. Not like I can eat breakfast!

No nausea today. A little last night when I tried to walk. The tube is the worst pain. Don't even feel much from the others. The occasional twinge. Well gonna try to sleep until they wake me up for the leak test. Let me know if I'm leaving anything out or not answering your questions.

jessica892
on 8/14/17 6:53 am - Poplar Bluff, MO

So last post before I leave the hospital. Got my leak test done. They make you sip and then take a big gulp. It was neat seeing how it all works. Then it was time to get the drain out. I asked him how bad will this hurt. He said have you ever been shot!! So now I'm scared! They take the bandage off. Spray it with some antiseptic and all done. What!! I didn't even feel it! I also got my iv outback although I kinda wish they had left it in instead of waking me up for medicine all night.

Something to get: small bandages you will need to cover the two bigger incisions sailing after cleaning the 3 little ones you don't but Dr. Rodriguez did recommend it they just have those little circle bandaids on them.

So there's that. I know these are all kinda jumbled but I tried my best to get everything covered. I will go back and read in a couple days. And make sure I didn't miss anything. I'll also go over what I used and what I didn't. As always, got questions? Ask!

glendenningallenmiss
y

on 8/14/17 10:57 am

I hope you have a safe flight. Again , thank you for all of your posts. What hospital were you in? Did you get to choose the hospital you wanted? How many days total where you in the hospital? Sorry for all the questions lol

jessica892
on 8/19/17 9:29 am - Poplar Bluff, MO

I was in Star Medica in Juarez. I didn't choose it but it was the one I wanted because it is the hospital the US Embassy uses.

I arrived on Friday Afternoon and left Monday morning.

glendenningallenmiss
y

on 8/19/17 4:12 pm
On August 19, 2017 at 4:29 PM Pacific Time, jessica892 wrote:

I was in Star Medica in Juarez. I didn't choose it but it was the one I wanted because it is the hospital the US Embassy uses.

I arrived on Friday Afternoon and left Monday morning.

What doctor did you use?

jessica892
on 8/20/17 8:49 am - Poplar Bluff, MO

Dr. Rodriquez and Dr. Elmo. They work together.

jessica892
on 8/22/17 12:46 pm - Poplar Bluff, MO

Dr. Rodriguez and Dr. Elmo both perform the surgery together.

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 256 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 445 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1061 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1627 views