Dr Almanza, experiences

readytostartover
on 6/22/18 9:32 pm - Detroit, MI

Has anyone had surgery with Dr Almanza? I'm considering using this doctor, his price are more reasonable.

MarinaGirl
on 6/23/18 12:13 pm

I would stay away from Dr. Mario Almanza. He has had MANY lawsuits filed against him, including a class action lawsuit. There are just too many reports of complications and negative experiences across various Bariatric forums to ignore with this clinician.

I also encourage you to NOT use cost as your #1 criteria for selecting a self-pay bariatric surgeon. You want someone that is highly skilled/educated/experienced, does not run an assembly line operation, operates out of a safe & clean hospital, is up-to-date on the latest techniques, selects the right procedure for your anatomy, and provides the best results for long term weight loss and maintenance. There are many reputable doctors and hospitals in MX but this doctor is not one of them.

I and many others recommend Dr. Esquerra at Mexicali Bariatric Center.

sweetpotato1959
on 6/25/18 9:43 am

MarinaGirl, How much can one expect this to cost? I am thinking RNY for both of them one is well over 400# , the other is well over 300, ... a ball park figure..not asking exactly what you paid...but need to know for daughter and another family member...need some numbers to tell them where to start..how much they need to have saved..for this procedure...Thanks

Denise
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 256 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 445 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1060 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1626 views