Calling all MGB people, please check in.

fearlessartist
on 2/10/08 2:06 am - PASADENA, CA
Hi Van and other MGBers, I am Barbara. I had the MGB in November 2005 and I have lost 147 pounds. Life is great now. I do worry about weight gain and such, and would like to hear more from those who have gained weight back.... Barbara
Mini Gadget
on 2/17/08 6:13 pm - MN
I am here also. I had my Mini bypass in Nov 2003. In May 2006 I had to have it converted to a full RNY due to the perforated ulcer that was caused by the way the surgeon set up my mini bypass. 
             Bridget
Mini Gastric bypass 11/18/03
Revision due to Rejection 05/31/06
dancinjudge
on 2/19/08 4:12 am - Oregon City, OR
I'm Kim, and we've spoken on here, Van.  I had my MGB with Dr. Rutledge in Nov. 2006.  He bypassed 6 feet, so he said, and I lost way too much getting down to 90 lbs.  I had to have a revision in Nov. 2007 to a gastric sleeve. When my new surgeon put my intestines back, he measured my bypass and it was "way more than 6 feet", and "the equivalent of a DS surgery."   Needless to say, I have endured hell this last year with all I went through. Fom being abandoned and not getting the info I needed from Dr. R, to nearly dying from malnutrition due to the malabsorption, at least I am alive and getting back to life again as I continue to gain weight to a healthy goal.  I'm 9 lbs. away from my goal weight now.  But I feel like I have lost close to a year of productive life due to this problem.   Still, I would do WLS again.  However, with what I know now, I doubt I would have chosen the MGB for myself.  I know it works for alot of people, but when you become one of the bad statistics, it skews your perspective on the surgery.  That happens with all type of surgery though.
~Kim~ , 202-start/125-goal/124-current
           MGB 11/15/06, Revision to Gastric Sleeve 11/30/07

DintheNW
on 3/12/08 9:00 am
Hey there Van, I have MGB scheduled on April 3rd in Las Vegas. I waned to know how you are doing since the surgery. I would love to use you as a contact if you are game.  thanks, Dave
Midge0138
on 5/9/08 11:17 pm - Bala Cynwyd, PA
Hiya Van, MissSandy and all the others. Marley, here.  CLOS MGB w/ Dr. Dasher in High Point, NC 6-24-04. (almost at my 4 yr mark! Whoo hoo!) Outside of the off/on bowel related issues (stinking gas, etc) life is good. REAL good, post MGB! Now if I can have equivalent wonderful results with PS, what a wonderful world this will continue to be! (I'm researching my options now) 2X/20W+ / Med/6-8 petite 246/136
MissSandy
on 5/10/08 2:16 pm - Acworth, GA
Hi back at ya, Marley. Sounds like you have the same side effect that plagues me!  I guess if we ever meet, we'll be understanding about the issue! LOL!  Other than that, I'm doing well.  I would like to hear how plastic surgery goes for you.  I wish I'd never seen some of the programs on TV showing it!  I'm a big (well, not as big as I was!) chicken.  Hope all goes well with yours. Sandy
Most Active
Recent Topics
MGP in Ontario
NAP2013 · 2 replies · 934 views
New to this
Grammy1976 · 0 replies · 1261 views
Pre-op diet
LovelyBeck · 0 replies · 2081 views