Dr. David Hargroder?? And Cost of MGB?

fmyhra
on 9/11/12 1:57 pm
On June 20, 2012 at 5:50 PM Pacific Time, Marleen A. wrote:
 Hi

Please contact me before you decide.  My story could be crucial in what you decide.  Although I did not have Dr Hargroder I did have Dr Rutledge who taught Dr H.  I love Dr H and I am glad he got away from association with Dr Rutledge.  The MGB was the worse decision I have made.

Marleen
 I am having my mgb Oct 2012 why is it so bad.
Marleen A.
on 9/11/12 4:29 pm - St. Louis, MO

Hello,

My story is a Rutledge story...so I am tainted because of him.  I only lost 50lbs and needed to lose 150.  Did not lose one ounce when I left hospital after a WEEK.  No one...I mean NO ONE could give me any help on why I only lost 50 lbs while my friends lost 100 or more.  Dr R was great at the seminars but when he had us wheeled into surgery after the  needle is stuck into you he made you sign WAIVERS that nothing was his fault.  SNEAKY  I was told I could get a revision and he would bypass more intestine for the SAME COST.  I had spent every last dime on the first surgery.  Insurance did not pay on penny.  I did everything correct for two years.  Still only lost 50 lbs.  I WAS SO EMOTIONALLY GONE OVER THIS I went into depression.  The last phone call to Dr R was in 2006 to ask if he thought a revision would help me lose 100 lbs.  HE COULD NOT SAY IT WOULD......I was very confused and he said this:  "No, you are not going to keep talking and make me say what YOU want me to say.  I'm done with this phone call."  click he hung up on me.

I then contacted Dr Hardgroder who had me come down to his town for tests that showed I had a safe MGB and there was no fissures.  I CRIED AND CRIED going home that day.  I found people online who had the same surgery who had had the same experience I had.  ONly lost 50 lbs and NO MORE after all that money; time, etc.  He is now referred to as a CULT LEADER.  The people who had success will always think he is god.  He is not god or even close.  There is much more I could write but it wouldn't affect your surgery with Dr H. 

Marleen

fmyhra
on 9/11/12 7:15 pm
 So Im not sure to what you are saying. Who do you see as cult leader DR. R or Dr.H. So what did Dr H. say to do?  He really seems to be a caring man, Ive met him.
Marleen A.
on 9/11/12 7:26 pm - St. Louis, MO
I am saying Dr H is a very caring man.  I just talked to him several months ago.
What I am telling you is this.....they CAN NOT guarantee you will lose the weight you need to lose.  So if you want to pay the $$$$ and take the chance you might be one of the lucky patients. 

Marleen I hope the best for you.  It was the worse decision I made for weight loss.
fmyhra
on 9/11/12 7:34 pm
 So you still could eat big meals and the weight just didnt come off? How horrible! Was the surgery painfull? How much did he bypass?
Marleen A.
on 9/13/12 3:10 am - St. Louis, MO
The kicker is this.......NO you can't eat big meals......I can't eat anymore than any other MGB patient....YES....the weight did not come off....HEARTBREAKING is putting it mildly.  Dr H told me I am in the 2% of all the MGB patients.  2% of us do not lose very much weight.  What hurts more is that the other MBG people start to 'shun' you because they don't know what to say.  I don't talk to one person any longer (actually they quit talking to me many years ago).  Who I thought were my friends....were not.  The surgery is not painful.  He only bypassed 8 ft.
fmyhra
on 9/11/12 7:19 pm
 Who are you saying is a cult leader Dr. r or Dr. H.    What did Dr. H say to do? He seems to be a very nice man.
fmyhra
on 9/11/12 2:01 pm
 please email me! [email protected] Im having mgb October 2012
Fsandra
on 3/17/13 12:22 am - Fort Scott, KS

Why was the MGB the worse decision you have made? Thanks

robinjoplin
on 11/4/08 6:10 am
You may also go to his website mgb-surgery.com or there is a support group on Yahoo. 

I do not know of any insurance company that will cover MGB today.  Hopefully, they will see the light down the road and realize that by covering this surgery in the long run they will save money. 
Most Active
Recent Topics
MGP in Ontario
NAP2013 · 2 replies · 934 views
New to this
Grammy1976 · 0 replies · 1261 views
Pre-op diet
LovelyBeck · 0 replies · 2081 views