confusing question

tricia lynch
on 4/14/11 12:52 pm - thorold, Canada
Ok well don't take much to confuse me sometimes. 4-4-11 was my  orientation class. while ther ethey had a quest speaker who had the surgery. She informed us  that she could only loss 100 pounds that she tried and can not loss anymore.. so my quuestion is what about someone that needs to loss more weight. i mean 100 pounds would be awesome but to be at a (normal) healthy weight i need to loss a bit more. whats the trick to it.. i know i will be working my ass off exercising eating healthier .. does going on slim fast as well help after surgery or is that dangerous.. just want ti make sure i do not do nothing dumb
Tabetha A.
on 4/14/11 1:10 pm - Ajax, Canada
 I lost 185lbs.  i stuck to all the rules and was very compliant for the first year and a half.  I reached goal within 10 months and hit a low by 14 months.  Its possible and there must be a reason as to why she didnt lose more whether it be diet related or medical.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

hjoanneg9000
on 4/14/11 1:54 pm - North Bay, Canada
RNY on 10/02/12
Slim fast is REALLY full of sugar too.  From what I understand, if you don't dump it, you will be setting yourself up for diet failure by raising your BG level too high (and then rebounding).  But, I dunno - that's just what I read.  
Heather

tricia lynch
on 4/14/11 3:07 pm - thorold, Canada
thanks  to both of you.. i don't like slim fast or any of that i just thought maybe to loose more then 100 there was something else i would have to do.. i know i will be working my ass off and im ok with that i just got a little confused when she said thats all she could loose..

congrat on your weight lost BOY am i ever looking forward to this and leaving behind this other person thats free loading off me and not helping pay bills lol.. don't know what i shall do when that happens but buy that sexy red or black dress i always wanted to own :)
Bonnie ABC
on 4/14/11 7:18 pm - Smiths Falls, Canada
RNY on 09/16/08 with
I lost 222lbs.   The thing is, when you get near your goal it gets harder to get off.  The first 100 seems to be rather easy, but as time wears on a soul keeping up with the rules, and your body requires less calories to exist, it just slows down.  Keep following the rules is your best plan of action.

Bonnie

I can do hard things, life is teaching me that I can.
             Lost 222lbs with rny, 20 lbs regain.

Plastics, July 2010 with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey, Mexico
laura S.
on 4/14/11 9:08 pm - London, Canada
It could be that 100 was all she had to lose to be really close to goal and after that it was too hard to go any further.  There's no limit on how much you can lose with this.  It depends on you and how hard you are willing to work really.

Best of luck  :)

Laura

coconut01
on 4/14/11 9:18 pm - Canada
I think that you have to remember that the surgeons think that losing 70% ( or around there) of your excess weight is successful.  At least that is what I was told and I think some on here were told similar.  So it seems like reaching goal weight is not the "norm"  But I think if you follow the rules and change your way of eating and living you will get there.  I know that once i hit goal I stopped losing.  Now when that time came it was winter and I had a cold or something to be off working out for like 4 months.  I have just gotten back into my regular work out routine and with that I find keeping my eating on track much easier.  You can do it if you put your everything into it:)  I bet you are going to do great!
HW- 269.5   SW-255  CW- 128.5   Goal - 130  Lost so far ( including optifast) - 141
Started optifast 15/02/10
Gastric ByPass 01/03/10

Diminishing Dawn
on 4/14/11 9:27 pm - Windsor, Canada
Everyone is different. We all have different bodies.  We all have different metabolisms.

I fought tooth and nail to lose every pound I did compared to other people around me. I was walking to and from work every day, and then doing my treadmill for 4 miles every day.  The weight did not fall off me like some.  

Some people lose 200 lbs, some lose 75. There's a lot of different factors in there.  Most though will lose 85% of their excess weight. 

Dawn

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

tricia lynch
on 4/15/11 12:29 am - thorold, Canada
Thanks i understand now :) lot easier when people explain it she gave no explaintation (is that a word lol) it did not bother me at first but my husband went with me to get he info and he was bothered by it which then got me thinking.. congrats to everyone for your great success hope to be joining you all soon. i have no choice but to do it i have now a 1 and 2 year old that i was told all my life i wouls never have and somehow i beat the odds that the doctors gave me to a NEVER gettring pregnant to havng two awesome boys so i fight not onl for myself but to be around longer for them. i buried both my parents young i refuse to allow my children to haver to do that with me:) funny thing is for some dumb reason i kept the little tiny red shorts i met my husband in almost 18 year ago lol i told him he may just be lucky enough to see me in them again lol
TraceyM45
on 4/15/11 2:03 am
if you want a visual of what the success results look like go to the before and after page, alot of people also post their start weight and final weight but the pictures speak volumes and are very inspirational!

Good luck with your decision and take time to learn as much as possible before hand.

All the best,

Tracey

Most Active
Recent Topics