Hello Everyone!!!!

Isla D.
on 9/3/11 5:44 pm - Windsor, Canada
I just wanted to pop on to the old board and say hello to all my OH friends!  I have fallen off the face of the earth it seems and just found my way back to this site!  Well, actually, so much has changed since I"ve been here, that I feel completely lost!

Anyway, I just celebrated my 3 year surgiversary and WOW!!!  It went by so fast!!!  I can't believe it's been that long, but yup....

I have so much catching up to do, and I will try to stay on board and keep it going, but first, I'd like to hear from everybody and see how you all are doing!!!  Pop on and say hi so I know who's still out there! 

Hope everyone is well!!

Isla

suzyq0052
on 9/3/11 7:47 pm
Hello Isla, you don't know me.. I am relatively new to OH forum/ON as I only had my surgery March 2/2011.. but its nice to meet you. You look beautiful.. and congrats on your successful journey for the past 3 yrs!
You are listed as from Windsor.. I live nearby in Amherstburg.. always good to see postings from people who live not so far from me.
Keep up the great work and keep coming by the forum.
Suzyq0052

merly6800
on 9/3/11 9:31 pm - Canada
Hello Isla, nice to see you back!

Congrats on the 3 yrs!  Hope you are doing well.

Marilynn 
Monica M.
on 9/3/11 9:58 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
yay for you!!! glad you're doing well and keeping busy. I dont know you either, I'm 6 months out, and rocking this thing!!

Jennifer D.
on 9/3/11 10:07 pm
Hello Isla Bonita : ). I'm still here, actually just got my DS 11 days ago. What's new??
                                      Jennifer
          Thank you Cheri and Holly!
       Think twice, cut once! I've had 3 surgeries now, RNY, VSG and DS .
                                Ask me about the DS or visit dsfacts.com
2002 - RNY
2010 - RNY to VSG
2011 - Full DS-August 24th
                HW 311   SW 306  CW 235  GW 150
sam1am
on 9/3/11 11:23 pm
 Nice to see you back and glad to hear you're doing well!

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

Isla D.
on 9/4/11 1:04 am - Windsor, Canada
Wow!  Thanks for the responses!  I wasn't sure who was still kicking around!  I went through some of the threads to see if I recognized ANYBODY, and I felt so lost!  Well, it's good to be back, hopefully I can get into the swing of things around here!

To the people *****sponded but don't know me?  HELLOOOO!!!  Thank you so much for the warm welcome back!  It's very nice to meet you!  Good luck and continued success to you all!!!

I have had some ups and downs over the last couple years (I think it's been about that long since I've posted  ), but for the most part, I am very happy I did it.  I have a really bad hernia that I am (not so) very patiently awaiting a surgery date for, but it'll get done hopefully sooner rather than later.

My scale creeped up a bit, and now I am resting steadily at around 150.  For my 5' 1" frame that is still too heavy for my liking.  I would be very happy if I could get back down to around 135-130...any pointers I should think about would be greatly appreciated.  It's not like I overeat...I mean....REALLY!  I am not stressing out over it, but I am certainly not where I want to be.  Because of the hernia, I am a little leery of exercising right now, but plan to get into a routine once I've had that repaired. 

Other than that....all is great in my world!  

Diminishing Dawn
on 9/4/11 3:31 am - Windsor, Canada
Hi Isla

I'm still here although I lurk a bit now.

Yah that damn scale is a bugger still isn't it. Bounceback sucks but that's pretty common! I'd like to get back down to my 140 mark myself :)  

I'm 5 years out now. Time sure flies fast!  Now you just have to tell your SIL to stop in and say hi. LOL

Dawn

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

Monica M.
on 9/4/11 6:12 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
i'm still working on getting down to my goal, so i don't know how valuable my advice will be to you. I would suggest on using an online service such as fitday.com or livestrong.com myplate, to log everything you eat. I know that i'm at the stage where i have to really start paying attention to what i eat, so i don't go over a certain calorie amount. If i rely on myself to count the calories/grams of protein or whatever, i'll underestimate. So, if i were you, i'd go back to weighing and measuring and recording.

Karen M.
on 9/4/11 6:15 am - Mississauga, Canada
Hey Isla, long time!  Glad to hear you're doing well.

Being a DS'er, I'd post re. nutritional info on the DS forum, I'm sure you'll get plenty of great feedback.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Most Active
Recent Topics