half marathon

highlandbear
on 11/6/11 5:06 am - Canada
I did my first half a marathon today and was I ever proud when I crossed the finish line. My time was 2:34 but they need to make adjustments to it since a group of us got stop by a train. They took down the bib numbers and the time we got there so they could take the time off. If the train was only going the same way as the run it would have been tempting to jump on and cheat. It was a beautiful day for the run and to run down the red hill was amazing. I don't think I will ever forget that feeling and support for us. The race was for a very good cause which helped to keep me going. Half of it go to Hatti and the other half raised goes to city kids which is a program here in Hamilton.
I need to figure out what to do about my stomach. When ever I run long distance it acts up and starts to feel like I am going to have diarrhea and sure enough half way through the run it started to act up. I was able to make it to the finish line by not drinking to much water and not fueling the body which is not good. Made it to finish line than ran to the bathroom where it feels like I am dumping and so cold. If anyone has any idea what I can do to solve this problem would love to hear. Thanks in advance
Toni B.
on 11/6/11 7:37 am - Sudbury, Ontario
RNY on 01/19/12
I have no idea what's going on with your stomack, but I wanted to say WAY TO GO on your half marathon... very cool!

Toni..."Bravery is not the absence of fear, but the will to overcome it"
 www.fatgirlchangingherworld.com Twitter:@fatgirlchanging
   Surgery JAN. 19th, 2012 Down 120 lbs & 75 inches @ my last Weigh in!!!!  
Fat Girl Changing her World

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

Karen W.
on 11/6/11 8:29 am - Canada
Wow!  Congratulations on the half marathon!  I'm not a runner, but DH is a long-distance runner (he did an ultra marathon at age 50!).  It seems that lots of people have trouble with hydration and energy during long runs.  You might want to consult with a trainer (someone who specializes in distance running) for suggestions on this.  Again, way to go!

RNY April 11, 2011       

highlandbear
on 11/6/11 10:17 am - Canada
I do have a trainer and we can not figure it out. Hydration becomes a problem once my stomach starts to act up because i don't want to drink and I don't eat when it starts because than I would be in big trouble.  Trainer and I are wondering if it has to do with my operation.
Smiley_sandy
on 11/6/11 10:07 am - Belleville, Canada
Wow! Great accomplishment and great time too. Good on ya! I don't know what's going on with your tummy....maybe dehydration has a part in it???

Sandy

Sent referral July2010 to HRRH, Info session Dec 2,2010, Meeting with surgeon Jan26/11,Feb2/11 GBC/Dt/SW/(Dr Glazer) Mar 23/11, Surgery 04/05/11, 10 lbs below goal!

Most Active
Recent Topics