my poor mind does not understand it!!!

FancyRoses
on 2/1/12 2:39 am - Lower Sackville, Canada
well I seem to be a slow chunk by chunk loser...... I don't lose a lb for some time then I will drop 7 to 10 lbs at once.  but the inches are dropping like crazy but why not the lbs.  Its depressing that I can lose so many inches and not a lb will move.  Is this odd.  I was told that the fat is lost and water/fluid takes its place and absorbs very slowly this is why the lbs don't drop like others and will drop all at once in chunks   does this make sense to anyone?

ugh
My goals to a healthy me            
Karen M.
on 2/1/12 2:44 am - Mississauga, Canada
I know several people who lost their weight just as you are - in "chunks".  We all lose differently, that's for sure.  Just be glad it's coming off and enjoy the inches lost too! 

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Monica M.
on 2/1/12 3:00 am - Penetanguishene, Canada

Every single one of us is the same, yet different. We all lose, gain, maintain, differently. What works for one, doesnt work for another. Be happy with the inches lost, and accept that youre a "chunk loser".

You'll either learn this eventually or not at all: you cannot compare yourself to others. There will always be someone thinner, more beautiful, richer, and more successful than you are. Accept yourself, and the way you lose, the way it is, or forever be unhappy with yourself.

Patti K.
on 2/1/12 3:08 am - Kingston On, Canada
FancyRoses....I was like the turtle and the hare, only I was the turtle!!  Your body is just playing catch up....just be glad your not in a stall...not doing anything....inches lost is a good thing too!!  Keep your chin up, and just keep following your rules!!  Patti K.

smiley_k
on 2/1/12 3:43 am
If it makes you feel any better, I'm the exact same way. Nothing happens scale wise for about two or three weeks, than on the third or fourth week, all at once I'll have lost like 4 to 8 pounds. I don't get it. But it works for my body so I accept it. I figure, if I notice the changes in my body and how my clothes fit, that something is working and know that eventually the scale will show that as well!

All the best!
Katie  ♥     

Toni B.
on 2/1/12 4:34 am - Sudbury, Ontario
RNY on 01/19/12
 At least it is still coming off...and the scale is still going in the right direction...and then inches are also showing a loss...in my opinion this is still victory my friend! And Congrats to you!

Toni..."Bravery is not the absence of fear, but the will to overcome it"
 www.fatgirlchangingherworld.com Twitter:@fatgirlchanging
   Surgery JAN. 19th, 2012 Down 120 lbs & 75 inches @ my last Weigh in!!!!  
Fat Girl Changing her World

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

Lorraine M.
on 2/1/12 4:59 am - Canada
 Hi Lillian,

yup I am pretty much the same way. Nothing for a few weeks then 4-5 lbs overnight. I am so glad it is going down. I kind of forget those old days when I could gain that same amount almost overnight.

I know it is hard not to get discouraged especially when you have been so good with your meals but we are in it for the long run and in the long run we will succeed! hang in there!

CanDoItFour
on 2/1/12 5:48 am - Canada
Wow Lorraine - look at you! 90 lbs!  Congrats

Claire
OKNEE FE + 3
on 2/1/12 6:21 am
Maybe some of the best advice I got was just before my WLS, a vet told me to take my measurements.  She told me that when you don't see the pounds falling off you are likely losing inches, remolding, shifting things around.  We often think we are in a stall because the scale isn't moving. . .we truly are not in a stall until neither the scale nor the measuring tape is budging.

Oknee's just gotta dance
Weight at the start of Optifast 378 T-1 OR Weight 352
Broke the 300 pound Barrier 13-Dec-2009 291.2lbs 01-APR-11 "onederland"
HGBA1C 5.2  d/c from the care of  my Endocrinolgist 09-JUL-10 "diabetes resolved"
10-MAR-11 Extreme Sleep Apnea (dx 2007) resolved-"b-bye CPAP won't miss ya"

HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT IRON AND/OR http://theironmaiden.ca/                

Leslie W.
on 2/1/12 6:30 am - Cobourg, Canada
It is the same for me. Scale doesnt move for weeks, but wearing smaller sizes then the scale moves again. Just keep following the guidelines and the scale will move

Referral: August 2010 Orientation TWH: May 25, 2011  NP: June 8/11, f/u sleep clinic June 7, abd u/s June 14, SW: June 28/11  Nutrition Class: July 5/11, Dietician Aug 09, Psychologist Aug 25 Surgeon Sept 16th Surgery Date: Oct 11/11 HW:287, Opti wt: 260 SW: 242
My Angel is Sheri TK