salad

alexforest
on 3/21/12 10:24 am - Canada
eight weeks post op, wondering iff,, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, green pepper and feta cheese would be ok.

Hanneli xoxo
on 3/21/12 10:28 am - Sudbury, Canada
RNY on 10/30/12
mmm that sounds really yummy.. are you putting dressing on it? I don't know if its is OK (pre-op here) but wanted to put my 2 cents in :)

happypants
on 3/21/12 10:50 am - Ottawa, Canada
I went through the Ottawa centre and I was eating salad by eight weeks. I was just told to chew it well. You might want to consider peeling the cucumber because of its tough skin

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.

Surgery July 22, 2011  Starting weight 270  128 lbs lost  Today's weight 142 lbs                 Ann       

Adelle B.
on 3/21/12 11:18 am - Petawawa, Canada
RNY on 02/08/12
last week at my 6 week appt the dietician told me I could eat salad again. chew chew chew :)

savasana
on 3/21/12 11:54 am - St. Thomas, Canada
RNY on 03/06/12
I'm two weeks out and I'm so jealous of your salad lol!

(deactivated member)
on 3/21/12 12:50 pm - Toronto, Canada
 i ate exactly that last night for dinner and I"m 9 weeks out.  For dressing I added a small amount of olive oil, lemon juice and oregano mixed together.  I used baby spinach for the greens and it was the only thing that didn't sit so well.  I only ate half the spinach but enjoyed the rest very much.
Manda M.
on 3/21/12 2:18 pm
 You should be fine dear! I ate something like that at 8 weeks out but I added grilled chicken for protein and ate it first.  Salad is really just filler food.
http://pouchgirlrny.blogspot.com  -- My thoughts and experience so far post RNY!!

Leanne1
on 3/21/12 11:34 pm - Newmarket, Canada
I ate salad at 7 weeks out ... Chew it REALLY well
sam1am
on 3/22/12 12:24 am
Oh how I love me some salad!  The only thing that I would recommend is if there is something in it that you hadn't tried before to limit new things.  For example if you are adding onions, peppers and tomatoes for the first time and your stomach gets upset, you won't know which one is the culprit!

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

Monica M.
on 3/22/12 12:54 am, edited 3/22/12 12:54 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
I would agree with SamIam, add one new food at a time, so you know the culprit if something affects you.

and chew REALLY well.

Most Active
Recent Topics