cedar point here I come

scorpioboy33
on 5/14/12 2:52 am
Hi Guys,
I had my surgery Apr. 27th and am down 40lbs from my presurgery hi.....I'm gong to CP to ride the Top Thrill this weekend...can't wait...it's a dream of mine :) YAHOO!
Joyce J.
on 5/14/12 2:56 am - Scarborough, Canada
Hi there

Great job on the weight loss so far.

Don't know what the Top Thrill is but sounds exciting. Enjoy and update us when you return

Take care

Joyce----Today is the first day of the rest of your life

350Ann180
on 5/14/12 3:02 am - St. Williams, Canada
VSG on 05/02/12
Have fun!

Ann

onmom
on 5/14/12 3:30 am

Not to be a killjoy but is it safe to go on thrill rides so soon after surgery?

I would love to go to wonderland this summer but thing that you need to be at least the six weeks out. Those roller coasters and drop zone type rides pack a lot of punch.

scorpioboy33
on 5/14/12 4:40 am
really? I was sure dr. hong said it should be ok oy ....well it's it's gonna kill me I guess I won't :(
onmom
on 5/14/12 7:23 am
Call and check. Can't hurt to verify.
ericaFG
on 5/14/12 10:08 am - Cambridge, Canada
 I was in Disney at 4 weeks out.  With my surgeon's approval.  I had textbook healing and all my incisions were sealed.  

I rode ALL the rides at Disney - and did all the water park rides as well.  When I did the wave pool - I got bashed around pretty hard and decided that was a bit more than I was ready for!!  But that was the only place where I felt any limitations (other than the food thing!).

If you haven't asked your surgeon - it would be good to check...but I'll bet he'll say it's fine...
Proud Member of the Cambridge Crew!    
HW293/LW147/CW158   Height 5'9"  Working on Maintenance!
Fleur de lis TT and Brachioplasty - Oct. 19, 2010 Breast reduction and scar revision August 2, 2011

jama30
on 5/14/12 5:17 am
I did go to Cedar Point many years ago and would love to go there again,,,,,,,, when i can fit in the rides(someday i will again)............      was lots of fun

JJ_
on 5/14/12 6:39 am
So you will be 3 weeks out from surgery......and want to be strapped into a ride that will throw your body around.  I would want to verify with the Nurse Practitioner if there may be health risks associated with new internal plumbing stitching and centrifical force.  There is a reason why they ask us not to lift stuff post-surgery.

I hope you get approval soon to be the thrill seeker you are :)

Judy
scorpioboy33
on 5/14/12 9:40 am
I will go by the hospital this week for sure and ask...good idea
Most Active
Recent Topics