Mind catching up to the body

Robin H.
on 6/14/12 11:36 pm - Thunder Bay, Canada
well as the scale continues to move downward in numbers it occurred to I no longer qualify for surgery LOL I now have a bmi of 35.  It is funny how it takes the mind a bit longer to catch up, I really find that I still see myself in the mirror the same although I wear a different size.  I went bra shopping just the other night and I am now a 38 band ....... the girls are still all there at minimum 3D so I am going to end up at a specialty shop to buy bras ggggg that is going to cost.  My size 18 skirt is getting loose.  I can't somehow see these changes when I look in the mirror.  I get plenty of compliments and definately feel good but I just see the same old me.  I know my apron area is pretty large and maybe that is what I see... I can't imagine what size I would be on the bottom if I didn't have that taking up all the space.  I also notice how really top heavy I am lol I bought a dress for a wedding this weekend and although bottoms could have been smaller I still had to account for the girls and still needed a 22...... likely could have been a 20 but they didn't have any and loved the dress and the 22 still looked great.  I am really enjoying being able to brows in stores like Ricki's and Rietmans and know there are likely a few things in store that I can fit.  There are just days that I wish I saw myself the way others see me, don't get me wrong I think I look great but I just don't always see the change when I look in the mirror.  

Btrue2u
on 6/15/12 12:31 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 08/20/12
That is fantastic ....  glad you are doing so well

20AUG12-8AM SURGERY AT ST.JOES IN TORONTO  W/ DR SMITH                        

BrigitteD
on 6/15/12 12:31 am - Sumerstown, Canada
Give yourself  time and congratulation on all you're accomplishment.  Just have to take it one day at the time.  I tell myself  I was obese for how many years, well getting healthy wont happened over night!  You go girl!  :) 

Highs weigh   241                                      Referal: November, 2010
Before opti     231                                      Surgery date: May 10, 2012
After opti        220                                           

Brenda T.
on 6/15/12 12:35 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
So happy you are doing so well!!

It is frustrating when we can't see the same difference others can. At 31 lbs I feel and see the difference in me, but I think when I get lower or the weight starts coming off slower I will stop feeling the difference and just feel the weight that is left.

All the best and give your brain some time. lol

Brenda             Visit my profile for timelines                         My  is Monica M.

hobbithands
on 6/15/12 12:39 am - Brussels, Canada
RNY on 05/30/12
 Congrats. Sounds like you are doing fabulous!

Megan M.
on 6/15/12 2:36 am - Canada
Robin, I've lost 100 lbs and still have brain disconnect between it and my eyes.  I imagine that eventually goes away, but I think it takes a long time.  All the saggy stuff and hanging stuff - I think it's just human nature to focus on the wrong things instead of the right things.  But I also believe that eventually it turns around.  I still buy my bras from the JCPenney catalog b/c it's the only place I can get one with a wide enough band to hold all that fleshy underarm stuff in place.  I've been at pretty much a standstill for months, and am terrified that this is all I'm going to get, when I really think I need to be about 40 lbs lighter than this.  I thought this journey was going to be totally exhilarating, but I'm now finding it to be very scary, and frustrating.  So I try to turn my mind around to the positive side of things - I'm 100 lbs lighter than I was at this time last year, I'm healthier, I'm more physically capable, I can run, I can climb stairs, I can play with my grandkids I can breathe and I don't sweat like I used to.  These things are so much more important than what I see in the mirror, or rather what I THINK I see in the mirror.  We really need to get together soon!

Had RNY surgery July 22/11, St. Joe's Hamilton, with the awesome Dr. Scott Gmora.  Had abdominoplasty August 2/13, Scarborough, with equally awesome Dr. Michael Kreidstein.

Robin H.
on 6/15/12 3:20 am - Thunder Bay, Canada
yes Megan exactly!!! and you say jc penny is good for bras i will have to look, brand suggestions?  I would love to get together soon, with my new job I am still getting into the rythm of work and sitters and such but definately would love to do a coffee or walk some time soon.

Robin

Megan M.
on 6/16/12 12:58 am - Canada
I buy the Glamorise brand (not the underwire ones) - I've been wearing it for years, they're relatively inexpensive compared to here, you can usually get a free shipping promo code off the internet, and I pick up at Rydens or at Miller Hill Mall, considering I go to the States regularly.

Had RNY surgery July 22/11, St. Joe's Hamilton, with the awesome Dr. Scott Gmora.  Had abdominoplasty August 2/13, Scarborough, with equally awesome Dr. Michael Kreidstein.

Manda M.
on 6/15/12 4:34 am
I'm with you Robin. Last night I sat in my bed and went through all my clothes. I've dropped 10 pant sizes and when I look in the mirror I see no change. When I shop I still reach for the 5x/6x when its a 2x/3x I wear now. I find what works best is if you take lots of after pics and put them up against your old pics and just stare. I think it helps sink in with the fact that you have accomplished so much!
http://pouchgirlrny.blogspot.com  -- My thoughts and experience so far post RNY!!

Most Active
Recent Topics