Minimal Weight loss on Opti

truckingbride
on 8/25/12 1:17 pm - Harriston , Canada
I have just 3 short days of 14 days of opti left. This morning I got the "you must be cheating" line since I have only lost 9 lbs on the opti to date.
Im not eating anything I have had on 2 occassions more then 250mls of broth. But Im not eating anything I swear no I have not cheated.

Does this seem minimal weight loss to anyone else. ?

Diminishing Dawn
on 8/25/12 1:26 pm - Windsor, Canada
 Who said that?

I know people who lost 5 lbs.  I know people who've lost 30.  Everyone is different.  

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

(deactivated member)
on 8/25/12 1:33 pm - Toronto, ON
 I only lost 9 on it. Your doin great :)
(deactivated member)
on 8/25/12 1:37 pm - Straford, Canada
 relax and enjoy the ride.  your not cheating will be evident to the surgeon when he goes to work around your liver and doesn't have a problem!   They're not after total weight loss.   
truckingbride
on 8/25/12 2:35 pm - Harriston , Canada
Thanks for the thoughts, mine were the same.
A fellow co-worker who had a frind do this same path with Dr Reed

(deactivated member)
on 8/25/12 2:55 pm - Guelph, Canada
 I love those friend of a friend's 

Maybe they need to walk in our shoes before they open their mouths 

Sorry I am sick and *****y..lol 

I only lost 13 on opti. You are doing great don't worry what they say. It really chaps my ass when people think that everyone is a cookie cutter, we are all the same so we should all react the same.. That's BS we are all different and will react different.

Ok enough *****ing I am going back to bed ..lol 
Diminishing Dawn
on 8/25/12 3:00 pm - Windsor, Canada
 So your coworker knows everything apparently?  Next time ask thm when they had THEIR surgery.  Then say "oh you didn't have it? I guess you must not be the expert on it then as you seem to think you are". 

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

chipmunk_roasting
on 8/25/12 2:53 pm - Ottawa, ON, Canada
I think you are doing really well -- you're on this road to shrink fat from your liver, not for weight loss;  that's what the surgery is for.

And for the person who was so rude and insensitive to give you that "cheating" line?   How about a great big MYOB and a heart-felt STFU?

Good going, truckingbride!

mmm
Heidi S.
on 8/25/12 2:56 pm - Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
 You're doing great I know you aren't cheating. I have 3 days left to go as well and have only lost 10lbs as well but I also lost 3-4 inches just on my waist. keep it up and all the best on your surgery

Sometimes you just put one foot in front of the other, even if you don't know where you're going. 

Surgery Aug. 29, 2012 with the Wonderful Dr. Aarts at TEGH

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

chipmunk_roasting
on 8/25/12 3:16 pm - Ottawa, ON, Canada
Good going, Heidi! 

Marilyn
aka mmm
Most Active
Recent Topics