Minimal Weight loss on Opti

dna
on 8/25/12 3:15 pm - Canada
I am on Day 18 and have lost 14 pounds.  So I think you are doing great !

Besides like other posters have said, it's not about the weight loss it's about trying to get some of the fat off your liver :)

Good luck with your surgery ! 
Referral:  August 2011  Information session:  November 2011
Nut/Psych/SW: Spring 2012  Surgeon Meet:  July 6, 2012  Surgery: August 30, 2012

99mickey
on 8/25/12 4:26 pm - ajax, Canada
 YOU ARE DOING GREAT.  THE MAIN JOB OF OPTI IS TO SHRINK THE LIVER AND THE WEIGHTLOSS IS JUST A BONUS.  DON'T WORRY ABOUT WHAT OTHERS SAY.  WE ALL ARE DIFFERENT.  KEEP UP THE GOOD JOB!
     My  is stewartjackie

mermaidoz
on 8/25/12 4:33 pm - Canada
I lost 10 lbs in 14 days on Opti, and my surgeon's surgery report described my liver as "normal"...(.I cheated one night in the first week when at a reception at a conference and had wine and finger foods) RELAX you are doing FINE...(NOT ADVOCATING CHEATING ON OPTI)
ShallowGirl
on 8/25/12 9:52 am, edited 8/25/12 9:52 am - Richmond Hill, Canada
RNY on 06/22/12
I didn't lose much on Optifast. It may be those 2 weeks fell on a weird time in your cycle.  Or you are a bit constipated (easy on Opti).  As long as you are being true to yourself **** the naysayers.

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. Eleanor Roosevelt    

AllaP
on 8/25/12 5:34 pm - Vaughan, Canada
 I lost only 7 lbs on 14 days. But Dr. Klein said that my liver looked great.

Alla.

Patm
on 8/25/12 5:41 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12
Over 3 weeks I lost 16 lbs. It was water I was retaining not true weight lose. I know this beacuse in the hospitqal they wanted my blood pressure to come up so they flooded me with fluids and I gained the whole 16 back!
So relax you knw what your are eating and what you are not eating. Just do your best. It is about your liver shrinking not the amount you lose.

girlgonewild123
on 8/25/12 6:00 pm - Ottawa, Canada
 I was only on opti for 2weeks as I got in on a cancellation.  I lost 5lbs but surgery went great and I am now down 71.  I don't think it is the amount of weight but rather how your liver looks.  That, to me, is the only thing that must get smaller.

Good luck and just keep on drinking that opti.
gardeninggal
on 8/25/12 7:52 pm - Midland, Canada
 Great comments!  This is such an emotional time with appointments, tests, etc.  and then the Opti daze are the icing on the WLS cake.  I am a little more than halfway through my 21 days and every day I hope that my liver is up to snuff or down to snuff and pleases the surgeon gods.  Can't say that I have been kind to my liver before this time in my life but sure hope that it passes muster and that I will be successful.  I know that I have been true to this Opti time and also I believe in the process.  This too shall pass and then we will be worried about fluids, protein, etc. etc.  I am ready (can you tell??)  Hang in there truckingbride!

Cuter_w_Curves
on 8/25/12 8:10 pm - Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
VSG on 01/08/13
Honestly...  Some lose more, some less... I can tell you that not cheating... on average... It was 2-4 lbs a week. One week I lost 8... One week I lost 13. Other weeks I struggled to lose 1 or even bounced up 1 lb... Then I would lose more.

9 lbs is awesome.

Dr Sullivan VSG Jan. 8th, 2013!
  Lost 100 lbs in a year post op with a VSG. 

truckingbride
on 8/25/12 8:11 pm - Harriston , Canada
Thanks everyone. 3 more days...

Most Active
Recent Topics