Revision from RNY

Luckalee
on 8/31/12 8:55 am - St.Catharines. On, Canada
Hi everyone,
Had my rny in Nov 29th 2010 and have been dealing with pain that turned out to be an ulcer. Doctors have done lots of tests. Conclusion scheduled for a revision and I would appreciate any feedback.

Sandy M

My are BrendaK1 and CherylD.     Watch what you wish for it might just come true

JJ_
on 8/31/12 9:37 am
Hi Sandy,

Sorry to hear that you have been in pain.  Why is it that the ulcer could not be healed and you would be looking at a revision?  what would the revision be to ?

Judy
birdiegirl
on 8/31/12 10:36 am

I dont understand this either?

Karen M.
on 8/31/12 10:44 am - Mississauga, Canada
Sandy, what are you revising to?  Or are they just going in and fixing the ulcered area?

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

brendak1
on 8/31/12 11:40 am - Canada
Karen: I have spoken to Sandy about this and there is confusion on that part. The dr. told her they were going to fix or remove the ulcered area, when she went for pre-op they refered to her upcoming surgery as a revision. This is why she has posted here to see if anyone knows anything about this.
Karen M.
on 8/31/12 12:03 pm - Mississauga, Canada
Hmmm.... I hope she has called the surgeon to figure out what's being done?

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Luckalee
on 8/31/12 12:14 pm - St.Catharines. On, Canada
Im not sure what revision but it was mentioned that i'm having one according to my preop papers but didn't know what type of revision and my question to all this is has anyone else experienced this? I should have made it more clearer and my first post sorry for the confusion

Thanks Sandy
(deactivated member)
on 8/31/12 1:43 pm - Bumfuknowhere, Canada
Have never heard of doing a revision for an ulcer. It looks like you are at goal so not sure it would mean a revision to a different type of wls. Perhaps the surgeon just means he is going in to revise your pouch as in take out the ulcerated area or remove a candy cane limb, etc. I think only the surgeon will be able to answer exactly what he means by revision. Is it your WLS surgeon that is doing this or what?
Luckalee
on 8/31/12 3:07 pm - St.Catharines. On, Canada
Thank you for the input,I guess I'll know more on Friday and yes its a WLS surgeon, Dr Hong is doing the surgery and yes I have reached goal and still losing cause of the ulcer.
PatXYZ
on 8/31/12 4:09 pm
I've heard of a RNY having to be reversed due to intractable ulcers, which could then theoretically be turned into a VSG or DS after, but this is rarely all done all in one procedure and I know Dr. Hong doesn't typically do this. I've also heard of someone losing post of their pouch due to ulcers. Undergoing either of these options without complete information would concern me a lot. I would want another sit down with the surgeon before going ahead with any surgery.
I had OHIP approved Duodenal Switch surgery with Dr. Dennis Hong at St. Joseph's Hamilton on March 7th, 2012. Want more information on the DS in Ontario? Send me a private message!
Most Active
Recent Topics