What brand or type of Protein shakes does anyone recommend... tks.

TB0829
on 9/11/12 6:05 pm

I see the premiere protein shake advertised on this site. Does anyone take anything else that is not only available via Costo?

Thanks

Leslie W.
on 9/11/12 6:13 pm - Cobourg, Canada
Syntrax Nectar is a good one too. The best way to try is to go to Popeyes and try different ones. They are all different

Referral: August 2010 Orientation TWH: May 25, 2011  NP: June 8/11, f/u sleep clinic June 7, abd u/s June 14, SW: June 28/11  Nutrition Class: July 5/11, Dietician Aug 09, Psychologist Aug 25 Surgeon Sept 16th Surgery Date: Oct 11/11 HW:287, Opti wt: 260 SW: 242
My Angel is Sheri TK   
TB0829
on 9/11/12 6:14 pm
Thanks Leslie...do you mean popeys gym or is there a store?
(deactivated member)
on 9/11/12 6:18 pm - Oshawa, ON, Canada
VSG on 01/28/13
Marny B.
on 9/11/12 6:36 pm - Canada
I use Nectar too. Right now I am using their "Sweets" line. You can buy it at the Low Carb Grocer, or if you live close to the States, you can find it at the Vitamin Shoppe.  It's called "Chocolate Truffle". I mix it with greek yogurt, frozen fruit, milk. It tastes pretty darned good. Sometimes I mix instant coffee in a cup with milk, then add the chocolate truffle protein powder and ice. Blend, and YUM (if you are a fan of coffee).

I know a lot of people swear by the Premier shakes, but they make me sooooooo sick.  I have dumped every single time I have tried one (3 times).  At first I thought it was a fluke, but it's not.  It must be something about the kind or amount of sweetener they use, because I sometimes have the same reaction to sugar-free ice cream- sometimes, but not always.  Does anyone else have this reaction to Premier shakes??

Referral Sent:  March 19, 2010
Surgery date with Dr. Denis Hong: December 9, 2010

Catherine S.
on 9/11/12 9:09 pm - Canada
 Hi I live on the border and just wonder where you cross. I cross to port Huron and love to know where to go:) just incase you are crossing the same bridge:)
JJ_
on 9/11/12 6:50 pm
I love the Premier protein shakes.  I used to shop with a friend that had a Costco card.  I am now a card carrying member just so I can buy the vitamins, protein shakes and protein bars myself.

Judy
smiley_k
on 9/11/12 7:09 pm, edited 9/11/12 12:09 am
I also vote for the Syntrax Nectar proteins. I liked several of their flavours but buy the chocolate and vanilla ones regularly as I adapt them into my own recipes. If you order from their website you can get the variety pack of sample sizes and test out the flavours. It takes a while to come in because you order from the states, but it's only like $13 or something for 13 flavours so it's not a bad deal...
Katie  ♥     

TB0829
on 9/12/12 5:38 am
Hi there, I went on the site and got confused with them. Can you narrow it down to the exact one I should order. I did not see a variety pack. this is the webiste I went on, is this correct? http://www.si03.com/reg_index.htm

smiley_k
on 9/12/12 12:59 pm
Yep that's the right page. If you look in the news thread, the second item says "Nectar Variety Sample". It gives the number to contact to order 14 samples and the cost is now $15.99 because they added in another flavour from when I originally purchased mine.  
Katie  ♥     

Most Active
Recent Topics