Apparently my boobies are public property

macrobug1
on 11/2/12 9:03 am

I have not been at all shy about my upcoming surgery.  Who I haven't told, my mother, sister and receptionist have.  And they told people.  The joys of a small town.

So it has been a steady stream of well wishes and good lucks the last week or so. Which has been wonderful and heartwarming.  But the one comment that keeps cropping up is "So, will you have a breast reduction?"

OK.  I know that my boobies are big.  They have a semi-independent  life apart from the rest of me.  They enter a room a second before I do.  I spend more on bras than any other clothes item.

But really.  Isn't that a little personal??

(deactivated member)
on 11/2/12 9:08 am - Straford, Canada

do they have their own postal code?  if so, no its not too personal since Canada Post says so.  If not maybe.  I understand from other posts that they'll likely shrink to the size where folks will think you had the reduction surgery ( I don't know, is that good news?)!  

macrobug1
on 11/2/12 9:35 am

At the moment they could have their own postal code but please, oh Lord!  Let them shrink!! 

(deactivated member)
on 11/2/12 9:42 am - Straford, Canada

again, I have no idea, but is it possible to loose say 1/3 of 300 pounds (I don't know your weight nor your goal, I'm just stabbing at numbers here) and not loose a bunch of cup/bra sizes?  My original post was perhaps too flippant and if you feel so, I apologize!  

macrobug1
on 11/2/12 9:48 am, edited 11/2/12 9:49 am

No Ian!  I laughed!  I have always seen the funnier side of my boobs.  My sister is flat.  My mother used to refer to our bras on the clothes line as "Inflation and Deflation"

(deactivated member)
on 11/2/12 9:55 am - Straford, Canada

mermaidz
on 11/2/12 11:27 pm - Brampton, Canada
On November 2, 2012 at 4:35 PM Pacific Time, macrobug1 wrote:

At the moment they could have their own postal code but please, oh Lord!  Let them shrink!! 

That was my morning chuckle lol

I can understand your feeling that it's a bit private ...I'm waiting to see what happens to mine

But they don't have a postal code

Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional.  

kellybelly333
on 11/2/12 11:47 pm - Toronto, Canada

The will shrink....a lot. I had a reduction years ago, and didn't have that much to shrink....and yet they still found their way to deflation. On the brighter side, they don't hurt me when I run.....my panni....well that's a different story!

I think because you're being so open, people are just generally curious.

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Julia P.
on 11/2/12 9:14 am - Canada
RNY on 10/16/12

I totally agree that this is uncalled for.  It's like asking other WLS patients if they're going to get a panni or tummy tuck afterwards.  Way too personal!

Referral - December 2011 * Orientation TWH - March 13th, 2012 * Nurse Practitioner - April 17th, 2012 * Nutrition Class - April 17th, 2012 * Social Worker - April 24th, 2012 * Dietician - May 1st, 2012 * Psych - May 1st, 2012 * Surgeon - August 17th, 2012 * PATTS - Sept. 12th, 2012 * SURGERY TEGH, Dr. Cyriac - October 16th, 2012

Starting Weight - 320 lbs   *   Current Weight - 178 lbs  *  Goal Weight - 165 lbs 

Melissa.M
on 11/2/12 10:10 am - Canada
Oops, I asked Karen M about her boobs in her thread, mainly because I expect to need a panni and breast reduction. I'm not familiar with what happens to our breasts after significant weight loss. Sorry if I offended you, Karen, or anyone else. That wasn't my intention. Now I feel like a knob. LOL
Most Active
Recent Topics