I'm so glad I didn't eat that...!!!

slrm2m2
on 12/31/12 4:06 am - Canada

Let's start a thread that talks about triumphs we've had overcoming cravings.

I've got one to start.  I was feeling kind of blue today..and a bit angry, thinking about a situation at work that I'm fairly helpless to do anything about.  I went to the grocery store and found myself staring face to face with a shelf full of cookies.  I could feel my mouth starting to salivate...and I was playing a momentary mind game with myself, sizing up the nutritional info of the sugar free cookies and thinking about adjusting my eating plan accordingly so I could fit the cookies into my daily food plan with less guilt.

But then I thought, "ah, I doubt that I'll stop at just two cookies, I think I will end up binging and then I'll feel like crap".  "I think I'm just feeling emotionally exhausted and looking for a sudden pick me up".  "I'll grab a tea and wait it out until my next planned meal".

I left the store with just the items I had planned to buy and ate at my next planned meal.  Then I said to myself, "I'm so glad I didn't eat that...yeah me!"

It may seem small, but this feels like a big victory to me as I learn how to cope long term with cravings in maintenance. 

Feel free to share your successes of overcoming cravings and triggers!

Sandy  Surgery Jan.18,2012 with Dr. Timothy Jackson at TWH.

Cuter_w_Curves
on 12/31/12 4:09 am - Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
VSG on 01/08/13

Good for you hun!

That must have been a tremendous challenge but at the same time what a wonderful triumph!

Dr Sullivan VSG Jan. 8th, 2013!
  Lost 100 lbs in a year post op with a VSG. 

RubyRoo
on 12/31/12 4:35 am - Canada

Awesome job at staying on track! Good for you!!!

HW: 294   Pre-Op W: 273  SW: 265

Surgery on: January 10, 2013 With Dr. L Klein at HRRH

Patm
on 12/31/12 5:35 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

It is not a small thing. It is a success. Congrats. I have been going through this myself lately and know the struggle it can be

HeyFrankie
on 12/31/12 9:18 am - Canada

Crazy good... make that the victory that's the (inedible) cherry for the the year and next!

Wow.. what work you do to make it right.... Happy New Year!

Donna

(deactivated member)
on 12/31/12 11:02 am - Peterborough, Canada
RNY on 10/19/12

A HUGE success. angry

2mar
on 12/31/12 6:48 pm
RNY on 09/20/12

this is huge - good for you!!!!!

Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it.

anewstart
on 12/31/12 10:20 pm - Canada
Very well done....you should be very proud of yourself
zombiesugar
on 1/1/13 9:09 pm

I know that feeling! There's been so much junk food in our house for the holidays.

It must have felt amazing to have gotten through that situation with so much control!

Great job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Poe2004
on 1/1/13 9:36 pm - Ottawa, Canada
TIt's not so much a craving, but I have been resisting 'icey chocolates'. I'm not sure if they're called iceys, but they're the ones you need to keep cold, because they start to melt the second you touch them.

A couple of weeks ago, someone at work gave me 6 as part of a Christmas gift. The 'old' me would have eaten them all that afternoon. . . but I left them in the car. I've offered them to people I've driven around.

I noticed this morning, that there's only 1 left. I didn't eat any of the others. I'm in a training class today, and I thought it would make a nice treat. I'm happy to say it's still in the car

~Tammy

HW: 386 - RNY: 356.8 (14-Mar-2013) - CW: 238.6 (07-May-2014)  . . . GOAL: 199  

Most Active
Recent Topics