More Good Deeds!! (These were missed yesterday.)

msheavyhearted
on 1/10/13 6:54 pm, edited 1/10/13 6:56 pm - Marathon, ON, Canada
RNY on 02/02/12

So, it turns out that some people sent their good deeds to the gmail account I'd set up instead of to my personal email. I never thought to check that Gmail account until a member pointed out that I didn't include their good deeds on the list I posted yesterday. So, here they are. More proof that wonderful people do exist. Give yourselves a and a great big  because you are all s in my book!!

So, here are the ones I missed:

Received an e-mail from a teacher in a special education class. Special request to come to the classroom with my therapy dog to help the children cope. Some children are traumatised and have fear going to school with all that happened last week. So I will be at the school this week for as long as they need me. Normally my dog will lie down beside the children when they read - now they want her there as a "calming" effect and reassuring effect to those who have a hard time.

I volunteer at a school once a week to read and work with children with LD. All children need special attention - some just need a little bit more.    

Donated clothes to the children's wish foundation.      

My colleague had a litter of 5 puppies in Portugal and was wondering if one was hearing impaired. I was there to pick out a pup for my breeding program and I looked into those wonderful eyes and could not let this little pup “not” have a chance in life. I purchased this particular pup knowing that if she would be at all hearing impaired I would not be able to breed her giving the chance of possible genetic causes. I did fly her over to Canada and had her tested here at Guelph University. She was not hearing impaired but totally deaf. It was a huge blow. This is a large breed dog and if they are not trained properly they are at risk to have severe behaviour problems and possibly bite somebody later on in life. Most breeders will put them to sleep.

One of my friends has experience with raising deaf – from birth- dogs (in addition to training service dogs) and she was willing to take on the task. I did fly her over to Edmonton where she is now being trained. My friend also works with children with autism because they relate so well with her dogs and one of the little girls in the program started to take a strong fondness towards this pup and started to teach her sign language. (She has a real attitude because she will “look away” if she does not want to listen…).

These days are there more important things to do than saving a pup – maybe yes… But for this pup it was totally worth it.

Want to join the CRAZY TransCanada Challenge?? Just message me. Here's a link to the rules: http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/on/4570778/REPOST-The-CRAZY-TransCanada-Challenge-Rules/

msheavyhearted
on 1/10/13 6:57 pm - Marathon, ON, Canada
RNY on 02/02/12

There was a lovely picture of the pup sent, as well, but OH won't let me post it. I'll see what I can do. :)

Want to join the CRAZY TransCanada Challenge?? Just message me. Here's a link to the rules: http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/on/4570778/REPOST-The-CRAZY-TransCanada-Challenge-Rules/

msheavyhearted
on 1/10/13 6:59 pm - Marathon, ON, Canada
RNY on 02/02/12

orange july 28 F.png

sam1am
on 1/11/13 9:56 am

More wonderful deeds!

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

Most Active
Recent Topics