need to start again

stephleo
on 2/1/13 10:13 am - Kingston, Ontario, Canada

Had my surgery 4 years ago and did great. But now the weight is coming back on. I feel terrible and am depressed that I've lost control. I need to get back to work and don't know how to start. Help!! What has worked?????

Nevergiveup28
on 2/1/13 11:04 am
I can totally relate I have lost and gained weight since I was eight years old.
The last time I was successful I lost 150 pounds. I managed to keep it off for a year then slowly the weight crept up and up.
I was so frustrated,disappointed,ashamed and felt I had let everyone down that supported me throughout my journey.
This will be the last attempt to lose weight. I have purchased numerous books dealing with the mental part of keeping it off and living with this addiction. I will be constantly learning and trying my best to do what I need to do to stay healthy.
Think about what motivated you last time, the compliments you received and remember how good it felt.
You can do it !!'
stephleo
on 2/1/13 11:10 am - Kingston, Ontario, Canada

I know I can I just have to start

350Ann180
on 2/1/13 11:05 am - St. Williams, Canada
VSG on 05/02/12

Start tracking everything - be sure to get all the water and 60 g of protein - limit cals to 1200 and work on the 40/30/30 protein/carb/fat ratios.

Next step - get moving - walk walk walk...

Final step - keep coming to the board - we will help you!

Take care!

stephleo
on 2/1/13 11:08 am - Kingston, Ontario, Canada

Thanks, any hints on how to get rid of cravings for junk food. I need to stop snacking!

Steph

If you always do, what you've always done, you'll always get, what you always got!

stephlgreen.jpg picture by lynnca1972
BoomersMom
on 2/1/13 11:20 am - Canada

Get any snacks out of your home. Throw them out or give them away.

Don't buy any more snacks.

Stop eating snacks that are junk food. Plan 2 snacks a day that are healthy and within WLS guidelines.

If you can, get a family member to do the grocery shopping with a list of foods that are allowable.

Track everything that you eat and drink.  Only eat what the WLS guidelines tell you to. Protein first.

Get back on your fitness plan.

Best of luck.  You CAN do it.

stephleo
on 2/1/13 11:28 am - Kingston, Ontario, Canada

where can I find the guidelines? It's been a while. I know, protein and no carbs. i need a review session

BoomersMom
on 2/1/13 12:30 pm - Canada

There is a Nutritional Guideline on Obesity Help.

If you can't find it, then search for it using "RNY Nutritional Guidelines" using your own search engine.

(deactivated member)
on 2/2/13 9:29 am - Peterborough, Canada
RNY on 10/19/12

Your two planned snacks should contain protein

onmom
on 2/1/13 10:27 pm

I find going as low a carb as I can for a week while still eating 100 gr protein works for the carb monsters. I get sick at first and really miss them. Then it STOPS suddenly and i can manage. Stick with the firm carbs that you really need to chew well. No slider foods. At least one hour between all drinks and meals. get doing something during your snacky times. I eat at night in front of the tv. So I walk first. Then don't want to wreck the benefit of the walk so I will not eat. Exercise can have the same endorphin kick as eating causes for the body.

Most Active
Recent Topics