GALL STONES

debra197630
on 2/15/13 7:09 am - Canada

WELL WENT TO SEE MY FAMILY DOCTOR TODAY AND THEY FOUND GALLSTONES FROM WHEN I HAD MY ULTRASOUND FOR MY GASTRIC BYPASS,,, I'M HOPING THIS DOESNT STOP MY GASRTIC BYPASS SURGERY BECAUSE OF IT,, I DIDNT EVEN KNOW I HAD THE GALLSTONES,,,

Dar_Mab
on 2/15/13 7:11 am - Kitchener, ON, Canada
RNY on 03/08/13

It shouldn't stop you.  I have had them for nearly 3 years.  It is only this past year they bothered me and my surgeon is going to take out my gall bladder at the same time as the RNY so I don't have to have another surgery.

HW: 305   SW: 272  CW: 155  Height: 5'4"

(deactivated member)
on 2/15/13 7:12 am - Straford, Canada

Your caps lock is on!  It doesn't need to be!  My annual medical found the largest gallstones most, including my surgeon had seen. No problem, they may recommend the gallbladder comes out as well, but it should not stop the process. 

debra197630
on 2/15/13 7:17 am - Canada

sorry the caps were on 

dna
on 2/15/13 7:28 am - Canada

I found out I had lots of stones and sludge as well before surgery.  Didn't stop it.  They "said" they would take it out with surgery, then didn't.  I was/am sooo annoyed with that.  Now I am going next Monday to have it removed.

Referral:  August 2011  Information session:  November 2011
Nut/Psych/SW: Spring 2012  Surgeon Meet:  July 6, 2012  Surgery: August 30, 2012

mermaidz
on 2/15/13 12:17 pm - Brampton, Canada

Ask them to remove it as the same time as the surgery. It's not a painful procedure and they are going to cause you hassles down the road anyhow.

Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional.  

(deactivated member)
on 2/15/13 7:42 pm - Straford, Canada

like dna we had thedor grantcherov at st mikes.  he said he was going to do our gb at the same time.  he didn't. he did mine two weeks after my rny, do not recommend that. too soon, took a long time to feel well again!

Most Active
Recent Topics