Back from hospital finally pics :)

straberryz
on 2/23/13 6:41 am - Ottawa, Canada
Ok so I can't figure out how to post pics on my ipod but my profiles public and they're in there.

So after 4 days of pain at the civic hospital I'm finally home.farted once last night haven't been able to since . I've tried everything. My sweet roommate I am so jealous of...second roommate , she was declining meds because of no pain???wth! I'm still on agony,walking is slow and bring me to tears but I'm trying to do it every two hours during the day. And I get home and realize they only gave me hydromorphinone and Tylenol . I was on an tramadol when is hospital now that I'm not on it my pain is worse.

I'm depressed and feel helpless and normally have a high threshold for pain so very confused too and worried something's actually wrong .

And to top if off no one took my allergies to tape soap lateX and metal seriously and now I'm covered in an extremely ichy rash that they refused to give me cream for...Benadryl is not working. I have pics of my crazy rash in profile

REF: October 3 '11 INFO SES: Dec 2 '11 NP :  June 13 '12 US: July 31'12 NUT/SW: August 1 '12 PSYCH: Sept 6 '12 MRI: Oct 3 '12 SURG CLASS: Nov 28 '12 MEET THE SURG JAN 28 '13 SURGERY FEB 20 '13

straberryz
on 2/23/13 6:52 am - Ottawa, Canada
Hahaha omg iPods really suck for spelling and grammar!

REF: October 3 '11 INFO SES: Dec 2 '11 NP :  June 13 '12 US: July 31'12 NUT/SW: August 1 '12 PSYCH: Sept 6 '12 MRI: Oct 3 '12 SURG CLASS: Nov 28 '12 MEET THE SURG JAN 28 '13 SURGERY FEB 20 '13

aidan
on 2/23/13 7:06 am - Canada
So sorry to hear how much pain you are in.....and that rash is wild! Really hope you feel better tomorrow. Keep us posted!

Cuter_w_Curves
on 2/23/13 7:27 am - Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
VSG on 01/08/13

1. Aveeno makes an anti-itch lotion.

2. I also have a high pain tolerance and I will admit I did have pain with this. Look... My crazy self had a hysterectomy and was up walking in under 2 hours. I had my appendix out and was in a fashion show 5 days later... You never know if you will be in pain or pain free post op but it does get better. If the pain meds you have are not working... phone and get them to fax a script for you. Seriously... I came home with Oxycodone.

3. Depressed and feeling helpless is all pretty normal.

*big hugs,

Shell

Dr Sullivan VSG Jan. 8th, 2013!
  Lost 100 lbs in a year post op with a VSG. 

starry957
on 2/23/13 7:42 am

Ew...I thought my rash was bad!  I, too, had a bit of a reaction to the tape/etc....I used my prescription excema cream - cleared it right up!

January 8th, 2013 - VSG with Dr Paul Sullivan (St Joe's Toronto)

lkelly
on 2/23/13 7:45 am - Mississauga, Canada

Thank you for sharing your story.  I am sorry you are going through this. Sharing your story gives newbies like us the honest truth.

I meet the surgeon soon and your story is going to make me guarantee 100% that I stress my anaphlactic allergies again and again over and over again to the nurse and surgeon.

I hope you feel better soon.

Orientation Date: October 31, 2012  Nurse Practioner:  January 21, 2013 Social Worker: January 21, 2013 Nutrition Class: January 22, 2013 Psycho-Social: January 22, 2013  Nutrionist: February 13, 2013  Meet the Surgeon: March 15th, 2013  Surgery Date: April 22nd 2013

Cuter_w_Curves
on 2/23/13 10:12 am - Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
VSG on 01/08/13

I got 2 bracelets to list all of mine and still made sure I went over them again and again with the nursing staff, and anyone new.

Be vigilant!

lkelly
on 2/23/13 10:17 am - Mississauga, Canada

Oh I plan to lol. I carry an epi-pen my allergies are so bad. I can't have morphone, T3 or anything or I will go into anaphlactic shock. Its bad.

Orientation Date: October 31, 2012  Nurse Practioner:  January 21, 2013 Social Worker: January 21, 2013 Nutrition Class: January 22, 2013 Psycho-Social: January 22, 2013  Nutrionist: February 13, 2013  Meet the Surgeon: March 15th, 2013  Surgery Date: April 22nd 2013

Cuter_w_Curves
on 2/23/13 10:35 am - Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
VSG on 01/08/13

I feel your pain... Oh goodness I do!

Tylenol, Codeine, Gravol, Latex, CT Contrast and... Corn.

Vomiting Tylenol, & Codeine (think exorcist style).
Seizures and convulsions Codeine & Gravol (bring on the funky chicken!).
Hives, ra****ching, burning, etc. Tylenol, Codeine, Latex, CT Contrast & Corn in some forms (blisters, rashes, ct contrast goes right to high blood flow areas so... Fire bush is what I coined that!).
Contact swelling, or site swelling Latex, CT Contrast & Corn in some forms.
Anaphylaxis Corn in some forms (I hate that Kernels is in every mall... *******S).

No IV with dextrose as it can kill me, certain syringes are made from corn based plastic, adhesives, dissolving stitches can be a problem sometimes, etc.

I'm hypoglycemic... I was asked by the nurse what they should do if my glucose drops mid-surgery as normally they'd need dextrose. My reply... 50 mg Benadryl IV at the same time and IV Prednisone. *snort* It's the same procedure if they had to give me CT Contrast.

The good allergies simply make me walk around scratching my arse like a baboon. The bad ones... lethal.

Pain med limitations... Am in the 5% that Opiates magnify pain intensity so that's why I ended up refusing pain meds more often then naught.

Take someone with you. Prime them, prep them, and make sure they are there until you're past the post op daze and room transfer on the day of surgery.

Make sure your anesthesiologist knows your allergies. Go over them again on entering the OR on the day of. People are human.

All will go well if you do it that way..

Shell

lkelly
on 2/23/13 10:48 am - Mississauga, Canada

Wow! You win lol. You have me beat.

How do you deal?  what did you take for pain after your procedure?

Most Active
Recent Topics