Struggling

Luvmy2kidz
on 4/2/13 10:03 am
Hi everyone! Lately iv been doing horrible with my eating,it's really hard because for me I can still handle any food so far without any problem yet I still have an addiction to food. I find it hardest on my days off work when I'm at home I tend to want to eat all the time and I don't knowing its bordum or what! Anyways thru Easter iv been eating close to 1500 calories and I'm only 4 months post off,I try to eat 1000 calories and walk everyday but since the weather went crappy again I just haven't made myself get out and walk or do any excercise! Someone please kick me in the butt and tell me to focus and quit wasting the surgery I had!!!
Anna1963
on 4/2/13 10:08 am - Meaford, Canada
RNY on 02/16/12

Ok consider this your kick in the butt lol.  You need to get back on track and try to remember that the weather will change soon.  We all fall into that rut but we do get back into a good routine with all the good food that you need.  This was a gift to give us our lives back cause we all deserve it.  You have worked hard to get to this point and do not let it go back to bad habits.  There is a lot of other foods you can be eating that will help you.  Please get focused and try harder.

Anna

kristaeb
on 4/2/13 11:12 am

My daughter and i were just talking about falling back into old BAD habits after my surgery. Please dont waste this second chance. It is your tool, it does not cure emotional eating. Call the dietitian and get some help if you cant get back on track. You need to focus on tomorrow not the 1500 cal you have been eating. Just do it. You need to be stronger than the food. Dont let it take over. If you dont do it now this has been all for nothing. It breaks my heart when i hear people struggling so soon after surgery. But the help is there if you need it. You can do this. ...... Please Take Care Krista..

Refered Jan 15/13..Surgery June 27/13 , Dr Hagan.

Luvmy2kidz
on 4/2/13 11:25 am
Thank you both so much! You've definitely encouraged me to get back on track! It's so hard,to be honest going into surgery I felt it was my last resort and that it was going to be this miracle that would make me puke if I ate too much so I wouldn't be able to over eat anymore but it's not like that at all! The only time I vomit is if I don't chew meats or heavy foods enough! I definitely eat less than I did but it really isn't the easy way out! I just pray that I won't mess this up,iv been fat my whole life and I just want to be healthy and know what it's like to wear nice clothes and feel good about myself,etc! I guess that's what I should focus on the next time I have an urge to eat something I shouldn't! Anyways,Thankyou both so much
slrm2m2
on 4/2/13 11:45 am - Canada

Call your bariatric centre and let them know you are dealing with food addiction issues.  They may be able to offer you some cognitive behavioural therapy sessions, either in person or over phone.

Sandy  Surgery Jan.18,2012 with Dr. Timothy Jackson at TWH.

kristaeb
on 4/2/13 11:50 am

Your welcome hon. Just focus. I told my daughter i want my before surgery picture on the fridge after my surgery. If thats not enough to remind me why i am doing this then i need a slap lol. So it will be there the day i come home as well as my grandsons picture because i want to here around to see him grow up. Thank-you for being honest not just on here but to yourself. Krista..

Refered Jan 15/13..Surgery June 27/13 , Dr Hagan.

Mary A.
on 4/4/13 12:03 am

pull out your fat pants and hang them on the outside of your closest door so you can see them every morning when you get up...also posting pics of yourself at your heaviest on your fridge or in frames around your house may help...

and if all else fails...just remember that there are a lot of people like yourself, that tend to travel down the slippery slope EARLY ON..and those are the people that gain 50lbs+ back....and then fight with it.

start now....recognize what you are doing wrong and start making corrections to a couple of things at a time..if it helps keep a journal...say for this week...I will increase my walking to 3 days of 40 minutes...next week I will not buy any high caloric foods and will store freshly cut veggies in the fridge for snacking.

BY the way...I use Revival Soy chips...to keep the crunch monster at bay...I also use Zone Perfect protein bars and other protein bars as my morning snack..or even at 4 years post-op..I would be in the coffee room eating someone's birthday cake or scrounging around for things to eat at home.

These habits are never REALLY dead and buried..they are dormant...and it's recognizing that FACT and making the changes necessary.

I recently read on a local FB support group that one women states that she has erased ALL bad, high calorie foods from her and her families diet...me I would never personally do that....temptation can be kept under control...and I think that a donut one a month after you are in maintenance is better that constantly craving that donut and giving in BIG time.

If I can help in anyway please pm me

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary
surgery done in Duluth, MN

Most Active
Recent Topics