Light headed?

Jodi77
on 6/4/13 7:16 am - Scarborough, Canada
RNY on 02/05/13

For the past few days I've been very dizzy and light headed.  Not sure what could be causing it as I haven't changed much lately.  When I move too quickly or get up too fast, I'm dizzy.  And it's not just or a minute, it's lasting the rest of the day.  Then it starts to turn my stomach.  Any thoughts what I could do to make it go away???  I am on blood pressure meds.  Could it be making my pressure too low now that it's better on its own??

“You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go...” 
 Dr. Seuss

Orientation: March 2012      Blah Blah Blah     Surgery:  February 5, 2013

dna
on 6/4/13 7:21 am - Canada

Hhmmm I am no Dr but the dizzy with the stomach and lasting all day makes my brain go to Vertigo.  Perhaps a quick visit to the clinic would be a good idea.  Or your blood pressure meds might need to be adjusted.  I see you have lost quite a bit of weight !  Congrats !

I hope you get this solved and get back to feeling better :)

Referral:  August 2011  Information session:  November 2011
Nut/Psych/SW: Spring 2012  Surgeon Meet:  July 6, 2012  Surgery: August 30, 2012

Jodi77
on 6/4/13 7:25 am - Scarborough, Canada
RNY on 02/05/13

I have a BP machine.  I think I'm going to track it for the next week or so more closely.

“You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go...” 
 Dr. Seuss

chipmunk_roasting
on 6/4/13 7:56 am - Ottawa, ON, Canada

Absolutely -- I had my BP medication cut in half three weeks ago.  Same symptoms, dizzy, light headed.

Get in to your Clinic or your family physician -- in the mean time, be careful.   No sudden moves.  :)

mmm

Referral - March 2011 // Orientation - Ottawa - July 8, 2011 // Surgery - January 23, 2013

(deactivated member)
on 6/4/13 9:18 am - Peterborough, Canada
RNY on 10/19/12

I think it could be blood pressure meds. I would be checking your pressure whenever you see a machine (drug store etc ) and check with you doctor  

Jodi77
on 6/4/13 9:24 am - Scarborough, Canada
RNY on 02/05/13
I'm at T.O. Western for my 3 month (4 month) follow up tomorrow!! I'll ask the nurse there then make an appointment with my doc too. Oh I'd LOVE to get off a medication!!!

Dr. Seuss

kristaeb
on 6/4/13 10:13 am

Yep very possible.. I had the exact thing happen to me.. I was on 5 blood pressure pills and i had to go down to 3 do to weight loss a few year back.... Krista..

Refered Jan 15/13..Surgery June 27/13 , Dr Hagan.

Needanewbeginning
on 6/4/13 10:38 am - Barrie, Canada
RNY on 05/21/13

Yup, I think its our BP meds. Good thing you go tomorrow, and yes track your BP often.

Good luck and hope you feel better soon.

Starting weight: 334 lbs.Starting opti weight: 323 lbs, Surgery weight 303 lbs.Surgery-May 21st, 2013 with Dr Hagen at HRRH Goal weight 165 lbs reached at 13 months. Current weight 156 lbs

nmcgreen
on 6/4/13 2:49 pm - Canada

Besides blood pressure, it can also be an electrolyte imbalance. That can also be the cause. Be careful your potassium levels and your hemoglobin are ok. You should be checked by a professional whenever you feel abnormal.  

Most Active
Recent Topics