WAIT LIST - HOW TO FIND OUT HOW LONG

pink7sadie
on 6/14/13 12:43 am

I saw my Dr. at the end of Sep. 2012.  I asked her to refer me.  I have not followed up with her (shame on me )  Also I've heard that if you call the hospital they NEVER call back.

How do you go about finding out where you are on the wait list?  I'm getting terribly frustrated, my weight keeps going up, and it's very discouraging.

smallisland
on 6/14/13 1:12 am - Canada
VSG on 10/30/13

What is your centre?  Mine was in Guelph and I didn't hear from them at 9 months so I called and it turned out they lost my referral.  I would call, the worst they can do is say "don't call" and the best they can do is let you know where you are on the list.  Good luck :)

Referral Feb 2012, Orientation at Guelph Nov. 29/12, RN, SW and NUT Feb. 13/12, 2nd RN, SW and NUT April 26/13, Dr. Agarwal May 7/13, SW May 22/13. HW 334lbs, CW 269 lbs. Post-op nutrition course August 1/13, Dr. Jules Foute Nelong Sept 9/13, PATTS Oct 9/13, Opti Oct 16/13, Surgery Oct 30/13.

pink7sadie
on 6/14/13 1:27 am

I believe my centre is HRRH.  (according to the bariatric registry site).

moniquesgettingft
on 6/14/13 10:19 pm - Scarborough Ontario, Canada
My doctor sent my referral in last September 2012 as well. I had my surgery May 2 and I went through HRRH so I think you might want to give them a call.
Needanewbeginning
on 6/14/13 1:36 am - Barrie, Canada
RNY on 05/21/13

You need to call the bariatric registry to see if your referral is there. If not, you should ask your Drs office to resend it. 

Here is the link. Good luck. 

http://www.bariatricregistry.ca/contact-us.aspx

Starting weight: 334 lbs.Starting opti weight: 323 lbs, Surgery weight 303 lbs.Surgery-May 21st, 2013 with Dr Hagen at HRRH Goal weight 165 lbs reached at 13 months. Current weight 156 lbs

(deactivated member)
on 6/14/13 1:44 am

Hi ... 

You can send the registry an email.. at..... [email protected] ... you need to include your OHIP #, referring doctor, your name , birthdate ect. Just ask them if they have have recieved your referral. They email you back pretty fast ... even though you will get a message saying they wont respond to this request... Good Luck !!!

gonna_B_thinner
on 6/14/13 2:32 am

I saw my family doctor in April to get referred on; a few weeks later I was talking with my doctors office to see if they have heard anything....they told me they got confirmation that I am registered and my name sent to Guelph.  Today i couldn't wait any longer so I called myself this morning....the lady was very nice she had to look up my info and since I am long distance she took my number and called me back within 10-15 min.  I was really impressed with how fast she got back to me.  She said that I would likely be another 2-3 months before I get my orientation : but at least now I have a better idea when to expect it.  She was super nice so I would call your doctors office first to make sure the referral was made and which hospital you will be sent to then call that hospital.  Good luck!!  

gonna_B_thinner
on 6/21/13 4:46 am

This is just an update I told you I went to my family doctor on April 15, 2013 for a referral and I just got a letter this past Tuesday with my orientation date for Guelph on July 11.    This after I called a week ago and they had told me it could be 2-3 months more. 

lexxiblue
on 6/14/13 4:08 am
RNY on 01/11/12

IN MY OPINION... i think the wait is so long so we can take the time and prepare ourselves and research.  this is a life altering journey that we all embark on and for some not an easy decision. it's not a magic pill ... it's a TOOL... and with all the hard work of learning how to eat again and exercise is an important part as well, one can be successful - i know of a few personal people that have had surgery - 3 have been very successful 2 have learned how to eat again!  and then there's the mind games we have to play... good luck!

Nanato2
on 6/14/13 4:24 am - Canada
VSG on 02/12/13

If you have not heard anything from the registry then I don't think your doctor has referred you. Follow up to make sure she has referred you to the Bariatric Network

Referral- March 2012, Letter April 19, Orientation TWH- June 6, NP - July 3, Sleep Apena test July 16, Internist and SW  - July 17, Nutritional class - July 23, Dietician appt. July 30th, Psych-Social appt - Aug 20th. Follow up with doctor sleep apena Aug. 28th  Surgeons appt. - Dec. 14th Dr. Jackson. Surgery date - Feb 12 2013 - VSG   

Most Active
Recent Topics