Puréed

DeidreB
on 8/13/13 2:36 am
I'm starting purees and gradually increasing amounts.
When adding the new foods can I go for it with a few new things in a day or should I only add 1 new thing per day as a puréed meal and continue on liquids the rest of the day. Also I tried to add some yogurt w protein powder to my 1/2 c mushy bran flakes and milk this morning and was only able to get in a tbsp. at which point I was uncomfortably full. How did folks increase food volume to 1 c.

Catw
on 8/13/13 3:56 am - Arnprior, Canada

Hi Deidre,

I don't think it's an issue to try a couple new things during the day, but I wouldn't try more than one new thing at a meal/snack because if you do react, you won't know which one did it, or if it was the combination.  Also be prepared to eat something today, and not be able to eat it tomorrow.

As for increasing foods.  Do it slow and listen to your body, it will tell you when it's ready for more.

Cathy

JJ_
on 8/13/13 5:38 am

Congrats on getting to the pureed stage.  As CatW pointed out, there is a concern about adding too many new food items at one time (especially if you have a bad reaction).

I found that it took a while before my internal swelling went down and I felt more comfortable to eat more.  However, it does happen....eventually.

Good luck in your exploration of new foods.

Judy

kristaeb
on 8/13/13 8:01 am

Hi, i am 47 days post op, i only added 1 new thing a day. I dont focus on the increase in amount of food. I listen to my body some days i can eat a little more than others, but i am not at a cup per meal yet. I focus on getting  my protein and water in. My first cereal was special K with splenda, 1% milk and extra protein powder, it was light on my tummykiss. Bran flakes may be too heavy for you right now. Everyone is different and it takes time to figure out what is right for you.Just keep trying hun. I wish you the best, keep posting on your progress..Krista...broken heart...

Refered Jan 15/13..Surgery June 27/13 , Dr Hagan.

Most Active
Recent Topics