7 month update!

Dar_Mab
on 10/2/13 9:24 pm, edited 10/2/13 9:27 pm - Kitchener, ON, Canada
RNY on 03/08/13

Hello everyone!   Been awhile and I have been pretty quiet.    This morning my daughter, who lives 3 hours away,  asked me to take a pic and send to her as she didn't believe me when I told her I was wearing a black leather skirt with a red sweater and matching red heels.

So I am sharing the before and after pics.  Okay I am on my work pc and realize I cannot somehow get the pics into this post.  So please go to my album, if you care to look, and check out the album dated October 3, 2013 .  I put the before and after pic in that album too.

In total I have lost 140 pounds of which 107 is since my surgery on March 8, 2013.   It has been an amazing journey and like many before me, I am so glad that I did it and have zero regrets.      My type 2 diabetes is gone and no meds are required.  I am so happy for that.  That is the whole reason I began this journey.  I am on the lowest dosage of cholesterol meds and in November at my next blood test, if things continue my dr will likely take me right off it it.  Then, other than my thyroid which will be for life, I won't be on any medications.  Just all my vitamins.

I started out my year of transformation thinking it was just my hair (for those who might have forgotten, I donated 13" off my hair) and my  health.   Well apparently everything in my life is about to be transformed.   I just learned almost 3 weeks ago, that my husband of 28 years had an affair with my best friend.   So, unfortunately I am undergoing a whole lot of other changes in my life as I work my way through separation and divorce.    I don't believe I am a stat of WLS that they speak of as this seems to be totally outside of anything I have read.    I am shocked, angry and hurt as hell. But I always thought of myself as resilient and a survivor so I will put one step in front of the other and do what I need to do.    One thing is for sure, I know I have NOT let this stress derail my focus on my health - not once have I slipped up and I remain with my near daily workouts, weighing and measuring my food and staying on track.    I worked too darn hard to let that fall apart at this point.  

Anyway, I tell you all this so you know that you can fight the demons that knock at your door when stress in your life hits - even when it is big - if you keep your focus.   Right now my work and my work outs are getting me through the days.   I look forward to meeting some of you at the Meet and Greet in Cambridge this coming Saturday.

Darlene

HW: 305   SW: 272  CW: 155  Height: 5'4"

burg_vs
on 10/2/13 9:37 pm

You look great!  Amazing success.  Sorry about the hard times you are going thru!

JenH1969
on 10/2/13 9:39 pm - Brighton, Ontario, Canada
I am so sorry to hear about what you are going through- you sound like a fighter and know we are here for you through the good times and bad

Congrats on such a huge success in all aspects of your life and health- you are looking hot in that black leather skirt

Keep up the great work!

SMILES~JEN 
SW-296 lbs,CW-240 lbs,GW-150 lbs
               ~Don't let what you want NOW affect what you want MOST~
                                           WE CAN DO THIS!!

Sunny123
on 10/2/13 10:05 pm
RNY on 12/05/13

You look absolutely wonderful!

I am glad to hear that you're not going to let this horrible event rob you of your well being. You're an inspiration to us all headed toward surgery!

Jo ~  HW:297 SW: 279.6  GW:160 ~ Don't trade what you want most, for what you want at this moment!!  Dr Amy Neville Dec 5, 2013         

Monica9811
on 10/2/13 10:23 pm - Peterborough, Canada

Did you hear me whistle?  You look fantastic!!!  Wow.  I am sorry to hear about your marriage-I hope you got rid of this so called best friend too.  Nothing infuriates me more than infidelity.  I am proud of you though for not falling apart and letting your emotions sabotage  your success.  You are a strong incredible beautiful woman who will come out on top.  I can't wait to read a post that you have met the man of your dreams.  I know it doesn't happen right away but I am sure it will if you want it one day.  Wishing you continued success!!

Joanne D.
on 10/2/13 10:28 pm - Canada

You look amazing! Are you at your goal?

As for hubby.....What a snake!!! After 28 years of marriage and with your best friend???? My heart goes out to you!

Joanne

referral from GP July 2012     Orientation October 2012  SW initial Dec 2012   Nurse Prac. Dec 2012   Nutrition Initial Jan 2012  Nutrition Jan 2012      Psycho social Jan 2013    Meeting with Surgeon Feb 22 2013     Surgery May 2nd ( Dr. Jackson TWH)

claudiaes
on 10/2/13 11:00 pm - ddo, Canada
VSG on 11/18/13

you look great and I'm so sorry about your marriage :(

Patm
on 10/2/13 11:06 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

I have watched your progress and always been amazed at how well you have done. The picture sure shows the great results. You look fabulous. As for your husband I am sorry you are going through this but it is his loss. But you have also lost a friend and I am sure that must hurt that a friend would do this. I admire your strength and wish you the very best.

Needanewbeginning
on 10/2/13 11:14 pm - Barrie, Canada
RNY on 05/21/13

Omg!! You look fantastic. I have followed your journey and your truly such an inspiration and have always been there for us all. I am so proud of you, you have done SO great. 

I wondered why we haven't seen you lately, but now knowing your situation, my heart goes out to you. I am so sorry. This must be horrible to go through but I know your a real fighter, I know you can do this. 

Please make time to keep us up with how your doing, keep your TRUE friends and family close and stay on track with your journey.

All the best my friend ((hugs))

Annette 

Starting weight: 334 lbs.Starting opti weight: 323 lbs, Surgery weight 303 lbs.Surgery-May 21st, 2013 with Dr Hagen at HRRH Goal weight 165 lbs reached at 13 months. Current weight 156 lbs

Curious.George
on 10/3/13 12:01 am - Canada

Just wanted to share with you that my husband and I split up after 27 years and although it was painful at the time, it was the best thing that could have happened for me. At 47 years old, I met someone new and now 10 years later, we have been married for 6 of the happiest years of my life.  So don't give up. You also may find someone new. Someone who will love you and treat you with the respect you deserve. Thank you so much for sharing. You are truly an inspiration. You can do this!!

Referral Date: May 29, 2012;  TWH     Orientation: June 19,2012;     Nurse Practitioner Group Session and Social Worker Initial Assessment: September 25, 2012;     Nurse Practitioner One-on-One and Psych. Assessment: January 18, 2013;     Met with surgeon: March 8, 2013;     Pre-Op scheduled: June 20,2013;   Surgery scheduled: July 17, 2013!    Surgery Completed!

Most Active
Recent Topics