Dumping Question

Charlene Straus
on 10/30/13 2:59 am - Mississauga, Canada

I had such a nasty day Monday and I'm still not sure what happened. I had my lunch, which was 1 baked, skinless, chicken thigh and 2 tiny baby roasted potatoes, (about the size of a thumb, each). Soon after, I started throwing up. If I threw up once I through up 20 times, over the course of 8 hours. I could not even keep water down. There was no BM's; just throwing up. I chewed my food well and ate slowly. The only thing I had done differently, about 2 hours before lunch I had a Werther's sf candy. I have no idea if this was a form of dumping; if something I hate didn't agree with me; if I didn't chew as well as I thought I did, but it was all mucous; or if I contracted a bug. Does anyone have any ideas?

EternalEx
on 10/30/13 3:17 am - Canada
Could be dumping, could also be that the chicken you ate was a tad drier than your pouch liked. Wait a few days and try it again. It's a bit trial and error.
(deactivated member)
on 10/30/13 3:24 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

Doesn't sound like dumping to me.  Usually when you get foamies or slime or mucous, it's more that something is stuck.  You may have eaten too fast or not chewed well enough or ate just a bit too much. The hole gets plugged and then when you try to pu****er in it backs up and usually brings up some of the food with it.  Get some papaya enzymes as they work well to break down stuck meat.

Charlene Straus
on 10/30/13 4:16 am - Mississauga, Canada

Thanks Tracey. I will get the Papaya Enzymes. BTW I love your 'town'! I'm sure I've been through it on my way to NoneofyourfookenbusinesswhereIlive!

(deactivated member)
on 10/30/13 4:21 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

When people used to ask me where I lived and I'd say Haileybury they'd all say where is that so I said it's in the middle of BFN so then when I moved to Timmins, which is even further north I just changed it to BFN for good.  LOL

burg_vs
on 10/31/13 2:18 am

I know where both of them are and have been to both more times than I'd wish too....and I'd have to say bfn is accurate :)

sublimechick
on 10/30/13 3:51 am - Canada

when i eat stuff that is dry.....like ham, chicken....etc i will feel extremely nauseous or throw up like that. 

Sounds like it just did not agree with you. and i would stay away from eating that for a little and try it another time with gravy or while it is moist.

sorry to hear.... :(

Referral sent Sept 2012 -Info Session -January 7 2013.  Surgeon (Dr. Huynh-HRRH) February 5 2013. Dr. Glazer, Nurse, SW and NUT -> March 25 2013, May 1st, Surgeon, Patts-June 6. SURGERY JUNE 26 2013!! 100 lbs gone in 4 months!

Most Active
Recent Topics