A Re-Introduction

SarahKnits
on 11/19/13 4:00 am

Hi there!  I was a member of this forum a number of years ago, possibly 5 years or so.  I created a new account as I couldn't remember my old username or password.  I'd gotten a referral from my doctor and went to the first initiation meeting toward WLS, but at the time decided to wait as my husband and I were considering having another child, and I didn't want to do WLS until I was sure I was DONE having kids.  We had 2 children at the time and 15 months ago we had identical twin girls...and I had a tubal ligation so we can officially say we're truly finished having kids.  

This means it's now time to focus on ME and my health, and WLS again is something that I believe is for me.  My name is Sarah and I'm 32 years old, 5'4" and weigh 255 lbs.  I deal with a lot of foot/knee pain, lack energy, and was told yesterday by my gyno that it sounds like I have symptoms of PCOS, and these conditions would be helped/corrected by losing weight.  I've tried diets, shakes, and various programs and none have helped me keep weight off. The twin pregnancy also took a LOT out of me (along with caring for 2 babies), and I'm hoping if I re-start the process soon I'll be able to have the surgery around the time the girls are ready to start school.  First step...quitting smoking!  I'd quit when pregnant but the stress of the babies and post partum depression had me going back to it.  Now I AM going to quit for good, not only for the surgery but for myself.

I hope to become an active member on here again and to get to know you all.  

As a side note, I tried to upload an avatar and no matter what I tried it just wouldn't work...anyone with insight how to do this I'd appreciate it :).  

tabno1
on 11/19/13 5:13 am - barrie, Canada

Welcome Back... As for the avatar, when you figure it out...let me know.! lol I have tried uploading a picture and it failed!

Referral - Sept 23rd, Resent Referral - Oct 29th - Orientation Nov 18/13, Dr Hyuhn Nov 26  -  SW/RN/RD - DEC 20TH - DR GLAZER FEB 25/13 Surgery Date: June 3, 2014

HW:252 OPTI W:224  SW 212 CW:205.5

gwynnkitty
on 11/19/13 6:06 am - North York, Canada

Welcome (back!), Sarah! :) Glad to have you here. :)

Referral to Surgeon: February 12, 2013 Appointment with Surgeon: April 24, 2013 Endoscopy: April 30, 2013 Referral sent to Bariatric Registry: May 2, 2013 Orientation Appointment: May 27, 2013 Dr Klein Appointment: June 6, 2013 Second Upper GI Series: June 11 Dr Glazer: August 12, 2013 RN/RD/SW: August 29. 2013 Follow-up With Dr Klein: September 23, 2013 Start Opti: October 23, 2013 Surgery Date: November 14, 2013 

Zizzler
on 11/19/13 6:13 am

Welcome back - I have PCOS too so I understand where you are coming from. So annoying when they tell you that PCOS causes weight gain and yet weight loss is what is recommended as treatment.   Its been over 10 years since diagnosis and I have tried every single thing out there multiple times.  Except bariatric surgery, which they have been suggesting for over 10 years.  Finally this summer I broke down and decided that I was going to do this extreme thing because not doing it actually scares me more.  Hoping to be able to walk more easily and lose the CPAP machine too. Sounds like you are ready to get started so good luck to you and congratulations on putting your health first.

Highest: 320, Surgery: 255 (Aug/14), Lowest: 132, Current: 167, Goal: 155

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards. - Soren Kierkegaard

Hennagirliegirl
on 11/19/13 8:01 am - Canada

Hi Sarah, Congratulations on having twins, sounds busy! It's great that you are now able to do something for you, which of course in turn will benefit your young growing family.

I look forward to following your journey.

Terri

Test

4-Jane
on 11/19/13 8:18 am - Canada

Welcome back and congrats on taking some to focus on you.  With four children I'd say its your time

Respectfully Jane
kristaeb
on 11/19/13 9:07 am

Welcome back Sarah,and congrats on your  set of twins..Its good to hear your now going to look after you......kiss..Krista..

Refered Jan 15/13..Surgery June 27/13 , Dr Hagan.

SarahKnits
on 11/19/13 10:43 am

Thank you, and thanks everyone for the warm welcome :).  From what I've been reading it seems wait times for surgery have really improved since I was last looking into it, that's fantastic news for me.  I believe it was around 3-5 years before.  I really need to do some planning to make sure I'll have the help I'll need with the twins after surgery, or wait a few years but I definitely DO NOT want to do that.  I've lived long enough as a fat girl and I'm ready to be healthy.

Maricw
on 11/19/13 7:57 pm - Oshawa, Canada

Welcome back...I'm a new member  here and I go for orientation on Monday so excited......congrats on your twins

Referral - October 3-2013 /  Family Dr. Confirmed - October  31-2013 /  Orientation call - November 11-2013 / Orientation (HRRH) -November 25-2013 / 1st  Surgeon Appt (Dr Huynh) - January 14-2014 /  SW/RN/RD - January 17-2014 / Dr Glazer March 25-2014/ 2nd Surgeon Appt (Dr Huynh)- April 10-2014 / Surgery date - August 7-2014

kimber291
on 11/19/13 9:34 pm - Port Hope, ON, Canada
RNY on 02/11/14

Hi Sarah, first off welcome back and congrats on the wee ones!!

Since you have already started this journey before you may already know this but just incase...:-)

I was just at the first info session on Monday at HRRH and I am not sure if all programs are the same (I am assuming they are or pretty close) the one thing that was very strongly stated was that you HAD to be smoke free for at least 6 months before you could even hand in your application for the gastric bypass. If your not, then don't bother is what she said. 

I know you still have some time before the girls start school, but sometimes we tend to put things off (not saying your one of those people :-) and I would hate for this to stall you any longer :-)

I hope you don't mind me posting this. 

Congrats again and and I look forward to getting to know you,  I am just new myself. 

Kim

Referral - Oct 29/13

Info Session - Nov 18/13...1st surgeon appt - Nov 26/13...RN/SW/RD - Dec - 4/13...Dr.Glazer - Jan 8/14...2nd Surgeon appt - Jan 22/14 PATTS - Jan 29/14...

SURGERY!!!! FEBRUARY 11th 2014.

Most Active
Recent Topics