What are you eating/doing today (Friday)

kristaeb
on 11/21/13 10:11 pm

Hi, yes i have those old habits creep into my mind when i am bored. I drink a lot of water and i think that is what helps me..Your doing great..Krista..

Refered Jan 15/13..Surgery June 27/13 , Dr Hagan.

libra1
on 11/21/13 10:23 pm, edited 11/21/13 10:24 pm - Canada
VSG on 09/17/13

Thanks Krista. I agree with you -- old habits creeping back. It's really important that I'm aware and correct cuz this new stomach doesn't like being overfed. 

You're weight loss is amazing!

Have a great weekend. enlightened

DeidreB
on 11/21/13 10:42 pm

Good morning everyone!

Happy to be posting in the morning as its been late for the last few weeks - although, still happy to be recording at all.

Yesterday was a sad day - glad to have therapy where I get to cry for an hour about all the stuff that's coming up without food to stuff it down, talking about addiction and pieces of self left behind that I'm trying to meet up with, gather up and bring forward.  Its hard and important and I'm often stunned that I still get up, go to work, parent and keep all the balls in the air - wow!  Starting a mindfulness based cognitive therapy course on Monday which will go through the holidays for 8 weeks.  The timing is great as it starts just as I finish my last course in my master's and ends as I go into my clinical placement in the new year.

Exercise: 70 minute cycling commute, 31 minute run/walk 

Eats

B: 1/2 c ricotta, vanilla, splenda, blueberries

S: 3 pc lean ham, string cheese, clementine

L: 3 oz steak, container greek yogurt

S: 2 Tbsp hummus, vegetables

D: 1 c roasted veg soup w 1 Tbsp pro powder

S: Probably something else as the calories are a bit low the last few days 

Totals: 804 Cal, 73 Pro, 63 Carbs, 28 fat

TGIF

Patm
on 11/22/13 12:48 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Life sounds pretty hectic right now. I think we keep busy also so we do not think of all the things bothering us. I did a mindfullnes course a few years ago and really loved it. I hope it helps. Remember we are all here for you.

DeidreB
on 11/22/13 12:57 am

Thanks Pat.

Emotionally I am having a lot of stuff.  At the same time I'm okay and most of the time better than okay.  I feel like its important for me to be doing this in terms of managing addiction, weight in the long term.  The Mindfulness course will be great for me as it will help me just be with these uncomfortable feelings without necessarily having to fix them/make them go away; another step towards self-acceptance, compassion, self-care.

Cheers

Deidre 

kellybelly333
on 11/21/13 11:50 pm - Toronto, Canada

Good morning. Eating whatever I can get in and will give me energy to make it to Scaborough's WLS dinner tonight. We're going out for Pho...never had it, can't wait to see what it's like!

I'll be protein shaking, soup eating and yogurt slurping until then. :-)

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

(deactivated member)
on 11/22/13 12:58 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

I've been too busy to plan my day and just ate my first thing at 1130.  Eating times will be all off but will get the following in at some point today. Funny how I make the time to make many many cups of coffee but don't take 5 minutes to eat a yogurt. :)

B - greek yogurt

L - 4 oz pork tenderloin with raspberry/cranberry sauce, green salad with yogurt dill salad dressing

S - protein shake, navel orange(might not eat the orange as I seldom want fruit)

D - bowl of homemade chili with 1/4 cup habanero cheese on top

903 calories 60g carbs 30g fat 98g protein

Patm
on 11/22/13 1:49 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Probably because the coffee is a necessity of life that keeps us moving! LOL

Most Active
Recent Topics