people are cruel

Pamela.S.
on 11/28/13 4:53 am - Canada

Wow!  Unbelievable.  I probably would have stood there with my mouth hanging open!  So happy that your son said something to her.  She must be a very unhappy, insecure person to make a comment like that!  Remember, we all think skinny people have it made, but many of them are extremely unhappy people, they just happen to have different "genes" haha than we do! 

Don't let her ruin your day.  You have something she doesn't - a great son!

Referral Sept/13, changed centres to HRRH - Orientation Mar 24/14.  Feb 5, 2015 - SURGERY!!!! HW 286.4 SW 264

PepperBB
on 11/28/13 5:15 am - Canada

Okay so your son is going to make some woman very lucky one day!! That shows what a stellar mom you are!! 

It sucks that some people are ugly on the inside, I'm a firm believer in karma, and it will come back to her! what she said was mean and ugly and uncalled for and I am glad you son said something. 

Virtual Hug!!

Katie H.

Referral January 2013 - Orientation at TWH March 4  -  Social Worker May 27 - Nurse Practitioner July 11 - Nutrition Class August 26 - Dietitian September 4 - Psychologist September 4, Meeting with Surgeon September 13 - Surgery October 28

Zizzler
on 11/28/13 7:39 am

People like that are usually just insecure in themselves and trying to put others down to build themselves up. I remember once when I was working in retail a lady came in and asked where an item of clothing was and I asked her was she looking for plus size because we were standing in the plus section.  She totally freaked out and said "oh my god no!  the day that I need plus size clothing you may as well just shoot me!".  And I was plus sized at the time so I was like "okay". Most people are cook but then there are those who have no regard for the feelings of others - oh they **** me off.  Your son sounds like a very caring and loyal person - you should feel very proud :-)  I know it is upsetting but people like that do not deserve to take up one moment of your peace of mind. So remind yourself that her opinion does not matter, what matters is how you feel about yourself.  Take care and please do not let it get you down ok?

reenie33
on 11/28/13 10:51 am

you should also add, ignorant, unkind, lacking in social skills, obviously materialistic, shallow , unworthy of any ones time unclassy female piece of **** 

KUDOS  to your son, you have done a great job of raising the kind of people that this world need more of

You walk with your head held high in the knowledge that you are in a way better place than her, I mean think of it... to hate without reason, to judge without prior knowledge?? ALL THE BEST TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY

diane48
on 11/28/13 12:05 pm
RNY on 05/07/13

What a wonderful son!  It was no coincidence that your son happened to be there at just that moment.  That was karma, too.  It shows just what a good mom you have been to instill such values. 

Isn't it amazing how we can let something that a rude stranger says bother us so much?  I've been in those shoes, too, and I have felt bad about it for weeks.  One comment from a stranger shouldn't undo all the good work we have done.

G_mama_d
on 11/28/13 6:50 pm - North Bay, Canada

We all deserve to be treated equally and wear whatever makes us feel good. Some  people are just nasty, you should be very proud if your son, i think mine would have been tempted to bop the lady. Lol

Rock those jeans.

RNY - Dec 18/2013

HW- 333 lbs. Approved for Surgery- 285.4 SW- 272.  GW-160-180

Mary A.
on 12/3/13 12:24 am

wow she must have been raised with no values and no moral compass...amazingly rude...I hope that someone treats her the same some day~!

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary
surgery done in Duluth, MN

Most Active
Recent Topics